Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Possible Trade up scam phone call charges

[ New ]

Calls are routed to the Philipines and if you use one of the numbers given from a mobile you are going to get charged a lot by your provider. I personally have spent over 40 minutes on four attempts to get through where it answered, played a message and went on hold, (longest time 16 minutes) before I realised this!!

Nomad

Re: Possible Trade up scam phone call charges

[ New ]

Companies can't reroute the number you dialed so you get charged at a higher rate.  You dialed a number in the Philipines and got charged accordingly.  In future make sure your browser is set up for the right region when looking for support numbers and learn what an international dialing code looks like.

Hiker

[ New ]

You are a cretin matey, the number was 0808, UK and then re routed to Philipines. It's on their UK website, and charging £1 a minute. NOT AN INTERNATIONAL NUMBER. Try doing a bit of research before you open that typing gob of yours.

Highlighted
Hiker

[ New ]
Hiker

[ New ]
Again
Adventurer

[ New ]

@irishmanpdx 

this is a world wide web   and not knowing what the OP did, I guess he should have paid more attention to  the details.   you may call up your carrier and  they'll take the charges off asa curtisy, just ask.

GoPro

[ New ]

@sunnybeach44378, toll-free numbers are listed here. If having trouble contacting our Support Team by phone, please make sure that the network allows calls to toll-free numbers.

Hiker

[ New ]
Yes, i thought I was dealing with an honest company with a proper sales support system, not a company who puts up a telephone number which charges the user to use it, bang smack in the middle of the support page. Not only that, you can only access chat from a desk based computer not an iPad or any other handheld which can’t do pop ups, and only between 8-5pm, so if you working your stuffed.........all extremely well thought out. I suggest anyone in my position does what I’m doing, buy a share and attend the next AGM.........
Hiker

[ New ]
Still no reply or email from the super efficient GoPro team, just a few saddo’s on here who are in denial
Adventurer

[ New ]

Phoney how a phone is not set up properly.

Hiker

[ New ]
Another good one!
Hiker

[ New ]
It’s says “keep the conversation alive” on the only emails I get from GoPro, so I will
Adventurer

[ New ]

dejavu

Adventurer

[ New ]

Dejavu

Hiker

[ New ]
Dejavu I agree
Adventurer

[ New ]

1.png

Hiker

[ New ]

Screen shot of my order

536B37B1-FC4C-4ABB-9400-E104879DBE81.png
Hiker

[ New ]

Here's a screenshot of a chat Some time ago...oh it wont take a .png so a photo instead...

image.jpg
Adventurer

[ New ]

I hear what your saying David.

I got no emails correctly also so that does that qualify for a Scam?

Hiker

[ New ]

Another week gone by and **bleep** all from the muppets at GoPro 

A4386192-51BD-4CFE-97BB-C96930C96747.png
Adventurer

[ New ]

I notice it says contact support to me that raises a flag.  can you explain a little bout that please?

Hiker

[ New ]
Yes, I contacted them on Monday and they said they still had not heard from the warehouse but would again put it as a priority. This is the fourth phone call (with another 5 or 6 attempted phone call and at least three chats). They have already said they have received my trade in camera. I am now sick to death dealing with them and if the camera arrives it’s will go back, I will never again buy anther GoPro product and they can’t be in no doubt that I will never have a good thing to say about them The whole company is made up of a miserable bunch of losers and have no doubt they will go bust sooner or later. You cannot survive with this pitiable service in this date and age. When they go bust everyone with a camera will not be able to get spares, repairs or service. DGI have brought out a new camera Osmo Action and I will be looking carefully at that. Some people here might find it highly amusing the bull**bleep** I have had to endure but I can tell you, they are probably hewn from the very same stuff the GoPro employees are, I have a pile of it at the bottom of my garden.
Adventurer

[ New ]

And you think they are better?

Hiker

[ New ]

If it helps provide any clarification, I did not receive confirmation when they received my trade-in either. As far as I know, nobody did. The next communication I received was when my Hero 8 was being shipped. 

Some people have waited longer than others, maybe depending on the region. There is more than one trade-in location for different areas of the country, and the world. At one point they appeared to be out of stock for some areas. But right now they seem to be shipping cameras again, based on what someone else told me this morning.

Adventurer

[ New ]

Yes go forget about it  and  knock knock on the door is your pkg.  Still want a DGI  well not happy and you got to pay for the Retun not free.  Your camera breaks you pay for the repairs it is not free. they charge a hefty bill to.  still want a DJI Osm Action with the Latacy,  and no spuer view, no nightlapse. etc... I say get one, join me and you have both a GoPro and DGI 

Hiker

[ New ]

One more thing I'll add to what I wrote below. My order status page also said Contact Support for a while. I called them and was told it does not mean there is a problem. It has something to do with a tracking number not yet available from the carrier. 

-----------------

If it helps provide any clarification, I did not receive confirmation when they received my trade-in either. As far as I know, nobody did. The next communication I received was when my Hero 8 was being shipped. 

Some people have waited longer than others, maybe depending on the region. There is more than one trade-in location for different areas of the country, and the world. At one point they appeared to be out of stock for some areas. But right now they seem to be shipping cameras again, based on what someone else told me this morning.

Adventurer

[ New ]

well  if gopro team works on your weekend schedule all the better if not  come back  by Monday let us know how it goes.

Hiker

[ New ]

There is two things here:

1/ I don't know why you are defending this abysmal company. I have no idea how good or not the DJI active camera product is but I will tell you this, they do a good and responsive customer service and they have email customer service. I have two of their drones and have never had an issue with getting hold of customer service (only once had to) and getting a reply when I ordered my last Mavic Pro and was enquiring as to when I could expect it. So if you are a GoPro customer employee **bleep** off and sort my order and stop posting crap. If you are not I am not interested in your bull **bleep** comments.

2/ I have waited over two months now for the camera I ordered in good faith from Gopro. If they are out of stock they should simply tell me that, not give me and many others the run around. If this is what is happening then their PR department or whoever is controlling the customer services should be replaced in its entirelty. Honesty is always the best policy. Alternatively they should allow me to cancel my order. They will not do this nor will they return my Hero camera I sent in (which incidentally they have acknowledged receipt of in writing). Just in case you are one of the many muppets who seem to reside on this forum, and are reading this and decide to chip in with the following, don't bother: terms and conditions, they have not fulfilled the order, therefore they should return it to me, or do as I suggested and send me a voucher for the amount off to get my new Hero 7 black and the the dive housing I ordered. Don't bother telling me I might have sent them a bag of nails, I did not, I sent them my first Hero camera. So **bleep** off and dont tell me I am dishonest ( you particulatr muppets know exactly who you are).

This company is not honest and many people posting on this site are part of that dishonesty.

Adventurer

[ New ]

You know how GoPro works?  Yes.  Good luck.

Fish

Adventurer

[ New ]

And like some advise.  Hang on  I,am writing. Just hang on a second