Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Possible SD slot problem

I have a Hero6 black that is not reading any SD card. I formatted the cards several times on the computer because the camera crashes when trying to do so.

I even bought two new cards and nothing happens.

One of the cards works at the start of the camera, but a few seconds later it returns to show the error message.

I suspect it is a slot problem.

I live in Florianópolis, Brazil and there is no technical assistance around here.

How can you help me?

I don't want to have to throw the camera in the trash, it was used very little.

Thanks for any assistance

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Possible SD slot problem

It sounds like you've done your homework and you could be correct with your guess.  It's either an SD card problem or a further problem with your GoPro's mainboard.

I would try either blowing out the SD card slod with an air duster (and be gentle, a slight spray should do it) or use an SD Card slot cleaner.

If either of these don't work you will have to contact GoPro directly by using the "contact us" option below.

If you cannot reach GoPro try setting your region to "USA" in the top corner to get through.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

What SD cards are you using?

Highlighted
Tourist

Primeiro tentei formatar os que eu estava usando há mais de 6 meses e que, de repente, começara a dar problemas ambos Extremme A1 classe 10da Sandisk, um de 32GB e outro de 64Gb, 

Daí pesquisei aqui e em vários fóruns e comprei um Samsung Select Evo de 128GB. A Gopro até reconhece, mas logo em seguida dá erro. Pensei que poderia ser pelo tamanho, então comprei um novo cartão de Sandisk de 32GB, extreme, por pensar que os antigos estavam estragados e o novo era muito grande. 

Mas nada, também dá erro..

Sei lá o que fazer. Acho que só me resta procurar a assistência técnica, mas, como disse acima, não há aqui em Florianópolis alguém que arrume GoPros..

Agradeço quem puder dar uma mão..

Highlighted
Nomad

It sounds like you've done your homework and you could be correct with your guess.  It's either an SD card problem or a further problem with your GoPro's mainboard.

I would try either blowing out the SD card slod with an air duster (and be gentle, a slight spray should do it) or use an SD Card slot cleaner.

If either of these don't work you will have to contact GoPro directly by using the "contact us" option below.

If you cannot reach GoPro try setting your region to "USA" in the top corner to get through.

Highlighted
Tourist

I'll do that.

Thank you so much to take the time to help me out.

Cheers