Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Pops and crackles in the audio, again. Must be a feature.

[ New ]

I have already replaced one Hero 9 with audio pops and crackles, and the second one is the same. So I guess its a GoPro feature..

When you fix the external Mic adapter, will you be able to fix the pops and crackles as well? Its totally unuasable if you want to use the audio. Internally or externally.. 

The GP9 is one of the most dissaponting purchases I have made.. It basically doesnt properly or fully achieve any of its functions advertised functions..

GoPro

Re: Pops and crackles in the audio, again. Must be a feature.

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @boldridge4531. Reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can also help correct any errors with the current software installation. Using an SD card adapter, connect your microSD card to your computer and follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229 

Additionally, performing a factory reset in the camera may help.

If the issue persists after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps, our Support team will be able to assist you further in resolving this. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Hiker

[ New ]
Same here. I have returned two Hero 9s with the same problem.
Adventurer

[ New ]

maybe time for a new company and product.

Nomad

[ New ]

aenriquez

Dont bother replying with this rubbish.. its embarrassing.

Hiker

[ New ]

@boldridge4531  Just wondering as I had the same problem with Hero 9 with the protective case using on bike mount. My issue was resolved after formatting SD card, resetting camera and not using the protective case. I'm just using the camera as is, fixed to the bike mount, all shocks from the road do not affect audio. Sound is perfect now.

Curious, are you using the rigid protective case for the Hero 9?

Nomad

[ New ]

I have tried 2 cameras, factory reset both, manual upgrade both, formatted the memory card on both and tried a brand new Extreme Sandisk card on both. They both still did it. I cant actually see how formatting the card would make any difference. But Hey, I will try anything, I have an expensive paper weight right now.

Nomad

[ New ]

No cases..

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @boldridge4531 and @kiarian. We appreciate your feedback. We have shared this with them and they are looking into it. 

To help isolate the issue, will you be able to send a sample raw clip? You may upload it and share us the link here. Information on the items below will also be helpful. 

1. Setting used including that of Wind/Audio

2. SD Card used (brand, capacity)

3. External mic used if any

4. Mount/Accessory used 

Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

I've had my new GOPro 9 for just a few weekks and it's sounds like popping and crackle.  Very annoying and not acceptable.  I use a Sandisk extreem 64GB and just a selfy stick with no external mic and in quiet areas.

Can you help me resolve this please ASAP?

Do I just exchange it for another or what?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @emu4wd. Our team is aware of the issue and is looking into it. We will post an update once we have new information. Thanks!