Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Poorly Handled RMA and Refund Process

[ New ]

To whom it may concern:

At the beginning of October, I was issued an RMA for my Hero9, accessories, and related items. I sent the package back to GoPro and it was received on the morning of October 7th. That delivery date was obtained via UPS's tracking tool and confirmed by GoPro customer service during chat support sessions. As of late November 2nd 2020, no refund has been issued for the hardware, and no concrete information has been given as to why or when it will happen.

Over the last four weeks, I've contacted GoPro on about six or so occasions via the customer support chat functionality on GoPro's website. The representatives I've worked with have been kind and as helpful as is likely within their power. That said, on at least three of those occasions, I was informed that the representative I was currently chatting with would take over my case and follow-up with me via email. Unfortunately there was no follow-through - I never received any updates via email nor other means.

During those same weeks and chat sessions, I received a variety of time frames as to what needed to happen before my refund could be issued. I waited through each round of the process, from the quarantine, to processing time, to the general refund period. Those times have come and gone, and still there is no refund nor explanation why. Plenty of time has been occupied on my end trying to track down what's happening to no avail.

I understand there are many variables at play in our world in 2020, but the handling of my RMA is poor at best. To purchase a product that did not function correctly and appeared to be in a beta state, is troublesome in its own right. To return those items, and then make a customer wait an excessive amount of time to receive their own money back, leaves an extremely poor view in one's mind. For the company representatives to further fail to follow-through on multiple occasions only deepens that distrust. All items have been returned to GoPro in an excellent condition, packaged in what I believe to be a better state than it was shipped to me in.

Whatever the hold up is at GoPro, get it straightened out. If there is no substantial and concrete update when I check this post tomorrow, I will ask my creditc card company to resume investigating the matter and to look at the possibility of issuing a chargeback.

Refund my money. Refund it now.  

Tourist

Re: Poorly Handled RMA and Refund Process

[ New ]
Hey, I was wondering about the RMA, did gopro send you a UPS shipping label along with the email?
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi aidenrawles.  They did send me one - it was inclued as an attachment along with the RMA instructions in an email.

Tourist

[ New ]

I made an error in my original post. After checking my email, it appears the RMA was issued on September 30th instead of October 1st.

Currently I'm on a chat session with a GoPro customer service representative. Will update here on how that chat goes.

Tourist

[ New ]

The chat session has come to a conclussion, unfortunately with out any sold information.

I'm contacting my credit card company now.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @monkeybananas

We see that your case is still open with Support.

Please continue working with them regarding this matter.

Thanks!

Ej