Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Poor quality when i see the video on the app/phone/computer

I tried all kind of settings including 4K, low Iso, sharpness etc..and still nothing work. The images look good on my gopro 4 silver but when I watch them on the app/phone/computer they seems realy bad. What should i do?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Poor quality when i see the video on the app/phone/computer

Are you talking about live streaming video?  If so, the app is only going to be able to play back the LRV (low resolution video) from the camera, you would have to download the actual recorded file to enable high quality playback.

Also you're watching the file playback on a tiny tiny screen and it's going to look good at that size, but once you blow it up for full size of course you'll notice it's not great quality because you're seeing the whole thing.  You need to make sure you're using the right settings and highest quality settings for viewing the footage well on a full sized monitor.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Poor quality when i see the video on the app/phone/computer

Are you talking about live streaming video?  If so, the app is only going to be able to play back the LRV (low resolution video) from the camera, you would have to download the actual recorded file to enable high quality playback.

Also you're watching the file playback on a tiny tiny screen and it's going to look good at that size, but once you blow it up for full size of course you'll notice it's not great quality because you're seeing the whole thing.  You need to make sure you're using the right settings and highest quality settings for viewing the footage well on a full sized monitor.