Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Poor Battery Life Hero 8 Black

[ New ]

My battery last no longer than 30 minutes recording on a brand new GoPro Heroi 8 and the support is shocking!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Poor Battery Life Hero 8 Black

[ New ]

Hello, @hanks605. Our Support team will be able to troubleshoot the issue further with you. To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. 

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Adventurer

[ New ]

wait for the 9 be worse.

Tourist

[ New ]

Great news......

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @daringsumm1635. The battery life greatly depends on the resolution settings used while recording. For reference, see the expected battery life values at identified resolutions here HERO8 Black Battery Information

It would help to determine battery integrity.  To do this, run a short record time test following these instructions

If you get a battery life that is significantly shorter than expected, our team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs will be able to help you with the next steps. 

Tourist

[ New ]

New battery delivered, lets see hopw this one lasts......

Tourist

[ New ]

I too have battery life issues with my Hero 8. Yesterday, 2 fully charged (the evening before) batteries were a disaster. The first battery lasted a few minutes, and the second only one short video take. I didn't have the Hero on standby mode, merely turning it on and off to record. Both were dead in use so far below any of the proscribed times for the most extreme usage on GoPro's battery life chart. My settings were merely standard, conservative video settings. This is not the first time I have had similar battery life issues that were more than 2 standard deviations from the mean. 

This is an ongoing issue, having happened a number of times. I use a dedicated duel charger, removing them when the light turns green. None of these batteries are old. All are the newer type proscibed for the Hero 8.

What is behind this pathological discharge? Is there an inherent issue with the batteries themselves? Is this a chip problem in the Hero 8? Is the charger faulty?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @hanks605. Our Support team will be able to troubleshoot the issue further with you. To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. 

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled.