Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Please address these issues gopro

[ Edited ]

This is what really pisses me off.

I understand saving computational power upgrades for differentiating the silver and black versions.

i.e. better framerates, resolution, and data rates. Better image stabilizaiton is also something I can understand paying more money for.

HOWEVER, what is user hostile is limiting functions that the camera is capable of for the sake of limiting.

i.e. The hero 7 silver does not let me change basics such as shutter speed and white balance?! EVERY camera is capable of doing this because this is how cameras function, however you block my access to manually adjust it?! The entire f*ck*ng point of a camera is to adjust these settings for the best image result.

Also, why not let us change our FOV? This is not a computationally limited function, again just limited for the sake of limiting. You just make it more difficult because now I have to manually adjust the FOV in my editor for all of my clips. Just let me f*ck*ng set it in camera you snakes.

This is why gopro is tanking and why I have decided to short the stock, among many other reasons, this company is making poor decisions that do not make sense for a rational user experience.

F*ck you, Nick.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Please address these issues gopro

Hello @aja6 . There is information here on exposure control for the HERO7 Silver that might help. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @aja6,

GoPro HERO7 Silver and White isn't limiting users. 

It is just an option for those who don't want to change any settings for users who wants to use the camera as a pure point and shoot and don't have to change anything and just want to capture the moment. 

Those customizable features is only available in GoPro HERO7 Black Model.

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Those reasons are not valid. Even the black boots up in auto mode but it let's you override the functions to change the aperture, shutter, etc...

Taking that away for the silver is purely user hostile. I shot a quick test earlier with the silver and the exposure was jumping all over the place for some reason. Which is a very very valid reason why the camera should be able to lock exposure in some way. I can upload the proof if you do not believe me, it made me laugh so hard because the camera did it within 20 minutes of testing... and that should not be happening, but with this cam, no way to stop it, because... can't lock exposure. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @aja6 . There is information here on exposure control for the HERO7 Silver that might help. 

Highlighted
Nomad

You actually can lock exposure you just clearly don't know how to. Just click on the sky if it's over exposed and voila! your image is exposed correctly and locked to that exposure.