Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Please add this for live streaming!

I bought GoPro 8 for live streaming on the street. But there are a few problems.

1. The first problem is when I shortly get into a "blind zone" for internet connection with a weak signal, GoPro knows that it loses internet connection and turns of the livestream. Why? A few seconds later celluar connection will recover. That is how it works on the street. And now I need every time launch livestream again. It is almost impossible to do a full livestream because of that! Please do a fix that GoPro never turns of the RTMP broadcast! IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!
2. Save the broadcast settings in the camera itself (Wifi data, rtmp link, resolution). This is necessary for live broadcasting without using a smartphone, only a Wi-Fi access point. It will be very convenient. By pressing the REC button and the live broadcast went, that’s it. After all, this is an action camera. Need quick access.
3. Add a custom bitrate for live streaming (CBR).
4. Add a bit rate display to monitor network status during live streaming (This information can be displayed on the GoPro screens, as well as on the remote control). It will be convenient.
5. Add an ISO setting for live streaming. The image is very dark at night.

Pass this on to your programming team. I really hope for your GoPro team!

P.S. My English is not very good. I use Google Translate. If something is not clear, I will try to rephrase it.
Please tell me whether they will do this.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Please add this for live streaming!

@centerfriends, we appreciate the insight as it can help us build a better experience with our products and applications. We'll relay this information to the team in charge. Let us know if anything else comes up. Stay stoked & have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!

Highlighted
Hiker

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Livestreaming-issues-of-GoPro-7-black/m-p/285528

GoPro will ignore these problems? A year ago they already wrote about this. And they did absolutely nothing.

Highlighted
Hiker

Should we wait for a solution to the main problem? Paragraph 1. Or is GoPro not worried about the problems of its users?

Highlighted
Hiker

I'm trying to broadcast from the street on my motorcycle. It’s **bleep** difficult for me to reconnect GoPro every time I get into the blind zone of a mobile network operator. I don't know how to reach your development team anymore. Please make a correction so that GoPro never turns off RTMP broadcasting! IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!

This is a very big problem for live streaming from the street!!! And it’s even more dangerous to fix it every time when traveling by transport.

Highlighted
Hiker

It looks like I need to open a petition at change.org

Highlighted
Hiker

Has anyone noticed that boost stabilization doesn’t work for GoPro 8 in livestream mode? ))) The video is shaky. This is a shame for GoPro. Really. I also don’t know how to connect with GoPro engineers to ask them to fix this issue. Here on this forum we won’t find any help.