Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Please Help! Dead Hero 4 Silver

Attached a Digipower Refuel battery bacpac for the first time and used it for a few hours. Left it attached overnight and our GoPro wouldn't power on the following morning. It doesn't seem like our powering-on issue and the first time use of the battery bacpac are a coincidence. We have tried all of the common suggestions (removing battery, changing charging cords, new battery, etc). It also does not power on when plugged directly into the wall. Any recommendations?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Please Help! Dead Hero 4 Silver

@fireysand06838,

I have not personally used one of those battery Bacpacs. It could be that it affected some of the internal components of the camera.

Have you tried to take the Battery and SD Card out of the camera and plug it in to a power source to see if you get any life from the camera?

If you do get an any life I would see if you can get the camera to update manually. If you are still not getting any life from the camera you might want to get in touch with Support. https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus

Best,

Ryan

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Sightseer

@ryanv12566 Hey Ryan - any thoughts?
Highlighted
GoPro

@fireysand06838,

I have not personally used one of those battery Bacpacs. It could be that it affected some of the internal components of the camera.

Have you tried to take the Battery and SD Card out of the camera and plug it in to a power source to see if you get any life from the camera?

If you do get an any life I would see if you can get the camera to update manually. If you are still not getting any life from the camera you might want to get in touch with Support. https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thanks @ryanv12566 yah, I removed the battery and SD card and have no life when plugged into the wall. Unfortunately, GoPro is no longer offering a Support service so I am truly at a loss. Such a bummer.
Highlighted
GoPro

@fireysand06838,

Our support team may be able to help you out! Get in touch with them. If you are having a hard time getting through reach out when the support lines open. https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thanks again @ryanv12566
I called earlier today during working hours (pacific time) and was on hold for 3 hrs and 6 mins and then they hung up the line. I called back and was on hold again for 1:25 and I gave in and hung up. After reading the experiences of others it truly appears that GoPro discontinued their Support services. I do have a final question for you though - are you aware of anyone with a completely "dead" GoPro that support was able revive? Just wondering if you've heard of any success stories
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @fireysand06838,

Like I said I would recommend calling when the channels open. There have definitely been times where they get them to work. I have had cameras that I thought were dead and just leaving it for a few days has helped. Might give that a try as well. Hope that helps!

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thanks again @ryanv12566
In all seriousness, how do you recommend getting touch with Support? I guess I don't know what you mean by "when the channels are open". Every time I call I am able to reach the automated answering service i.e. I don't get a busy signal. The problem is that I'm placed on eternal hold. It doesn't seem like there is a way to know if the "channels are open".