Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Player asks for unavailable HEVC add-on. Cannot work .360 GoProMax Footage in GoPro Player

[ New ]

When I try to upload 360 footage Player asks for HEVC decoder. I already have this in my pc as many other programs can open the files. When I go to the microsoft website, second image appears.  Please give me a solution I really need to finish my 360 work

Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png

GoPro

Re: Player asks for unavailable HEVC add-on. Cannot work .360 GoProMax Footage in GoPro Player

[ New ]

Hello, @micelio. The HEVC Video Extensions typically are provided by your computer manufacturer, please contact them to redeem or download the HEVC Video Extensions otherwise you can purchase them from Microsoft Store directly.

Tourist

Re: Player asks for unavailable HEVC add-on. Cannot work .360 GoProMax Footage in GoPro Player

[ New ]

Please read the first comment. I have the codec already installed in my pc as every other software but the GoProPlayer can hopen HEVC and H265 files. As this is a gopro software for a gopro camera, the solution should be delivered by Gopro, otherwise i cannot use the camera i got from this company, please read and answer carefully with solutions, its been more that two weeks that i first wrote to you and I still cannot use any 360 footage

Backpacker

[ New ]

What you actually have installed is the HEVC Extensions from the Device Manufacturer.  This is a limted codec that allows you to view HEVC files but does not fully support editing.

For editing you need to download HEVC Video Extensions (costs a whopping .99 cents).

This will allow you to fully edit HEVC video files providing your hardware and system supports it.