Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Playback sound distorted from Hero 9

[ New ]
Hi All,

I recently received the hero 9 and gave a question on the audio playback when playback is coming from the device itself.

It seems like it’s going to burst the small speaker and nearly sounds distorted

Is this normal?

Playing back from an iPhone via the app seems ok but from the device I’d be afraid it’s going to cause damage.

Please help

Thanks

Gary
Hiker

Re: Playback sound distorted from Hero 9

[ New ]
I have adjusted all settings from RAW on/off, moved further from the device, changed out of silicone casing, tried other modes and wind off/ on and the same issue persists. Is this normal for this type of device
Hiker

[ New ]

Can someone please verify this is normal from such small speakers on every device?? Or a warranty exchange. The device is 2 days old.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @garym316. Is the issue observed on all media? The audio playback on the camera itself is not maximized but it does not mean that the audio is corrupted. We'd like to gather more details on the distortion that you observe so we can determine what could be causing it.

To proceed, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. 

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled. 

Hiker

[ New ]
Hi Sorry but I returned it under the 14day period. Many others on here have had 4-5 replacements for a popping and clicking issue in the audio. I experienced this myself after 4 days.
I’ll be giving DJI my money as I want quality when I purchase an action cam.
Can’t take that risk of back and forward if others are getting **bleep**ty results

Thanks anyway.
Hiker

[ New ]

Wise decision.

@mariustanya now that you're here, could you please let us know, are you able to fix the popping audio problem? Thanks.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @tuquoque. Our Product team is evaluating the issue. We have reported this to them and have submitted sample clips showing the issue as well. There is quite a challenge identifying the issue as there are different settings to be considered and the behavior is intermittent despite multiple instances and users affected. We are on the lookout for updates from the team and will definitely post updates once we get new information. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Thank you for replying. Hopefully you'll find it. Good luck!