Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Plastic appeared on battery door

I was closing the battery door and some plastic came out over the button. The door is working fine, but this piece of plastic won't come out. I actually didn't try very hard.

You can see details on the picture. 

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you,

Eduardo

IMG_3880.JPG
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Plastic appeared on battery door

not sure if you got a defect. but no plastic on mine,   I try to get that plastic off, but send that to gopro. wiat they  are with no email support.

Highlighted
Explorer

It's possible that piece of plastic is part of the waterproofing of the camera so I wouldn't take it off.  You will want to contact support via chat or phone or just exchange the camera where you got it if possible. You can reach the support team here https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus

@fishycomics, I don't know if you are just trying to be humorous or not but is, "wiat they are with no email support." really necessary? 

Highlighted
Adventurer

@danielr15  First time I see the mention show.  No I am not being  humorous at all, its no longer.        need to know more ask.

Highlighted
Explorer

Mention always works for me.  Must be something wrong with your email settings.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Any updated news on this as mine has just done the same thing.
Highlighted
Tourist

I didn't find any tips on this, so I removed the 3 very small screws and found a small piece of plastic all smashed inside. All is working fine now. Not sure if this will affect the water proof insulation.

plasticplastic

Highlighted
Sightseer

have you ever found out if the removing the plastic affected the water insolation???