Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Picture taken not in the same as what is seen on the display

That is odd. It looks like a full frame picture so whatever reason, the display isn't accurately lining up to the photo. I always use WIDE and then just correct distortion in post with my editor (BTW, even though I have Lightroom and Photoshop, I've found SnapSeed (free app by Google) on my mobile device gives me just as good of editing and takes a lot less time).

I can only assume this has something to do with the Linear mode so the only advice I can give you is to try shooting in Wide. Wide seems to give a little better detail, especially at the edges, anyway.

One last comment on your picture. You might want to set your ISO limit to 800. It looks like this picture has a little more noise and light exposure than it needs. Your max must be set to 1600 as this picture has an ISO of 938 with a shutter speed of 1/240. A lower ISO and a slightly slower shutter will give you similar results but with a little more detail, less noise, and maybe less blow out on the highlights. Dropping the ev a bit might also work.