Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Photos not viewable

Hi

I recently bought the GoPro Hero 7 black. I am using it for the first time and there is a problem with the photos. They look fine on the thumbnails but when I open them they have a line through the middle or not dowloanded properly. This even happens when I go to view them on the camera itself. Is this a problem with the camera? It doesnt do it on every photo but most of them!
Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Photos not viewable

When you view them on the camera, you're not viewing the actual photo, you're actually viewing a second file known as a thumbnail file.  The fact that the defect is in the thumbnail as well as the actual photo file means that this is something the camera is capturing.

It's more than likely that there's an issue with your memory card, it could be too slow to capture high quality images quickly.  Are you using a recommended SD card and original GoPro battery?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Photos not viewable

When you view them on the camera, you're not viewing the actual photo, you're actually viewing a second file known as a thumbnail file.  The fact that the defect is in the thumbnail as well as the actual photo file means that this is something the camera is capturing.

It's more than likely that there's an issue with your memory card, it could be too slow to capture high quality images quickly.  Are you using a recommended SD card and original GoPro battery?