Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Photo time-lapse on the GoPro Hero 7 Silver. Likely addition?

I still totally disagree with you-it does not explicitly say what it does not include so how would you know unless you purchased it. I have no use for the 3 or 10 second photo timer-that’s something phones have nowadays as standard. They have definitely overhyped this and as others have said I would highly recommend the Hero 5
Highlighted
Explorer

You think it's standard for products to advertise what they CAN'T do?

HERO5 Black has more options, but straight out of the camera, the HERO7 Silver and White look much better and have much better stabilization.
Highlighted
Tourist

Hmm..with respect, I’ll repeat my comment around marketing. These were marketed together at the same time. It was not clear, still isn’t clear so yes I still blame the way the 3 products were/are marketed. Given I’m not the only one to complain about this I suggest you look at the other forums with the same thread. I am perfectly entitled to air my views on here-customers buy inti the brand and something different. My phone has some if the same basic functions.
Highlighted
Hiker

Would be interesting to do similar firmware experiments with the GoPro Hero 7 Silver: https://gethypoxic.com/blogs/technical/latest-gopro-hero-is-actually-a-gopro-hero5

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you-this is very interesting! Proves the points being made around marketing 👍
Highlighted
Explorer

HERO7 Silver and White are completely different from previous GoPro cameras.  They use a Qualcomm processor that was developed specifically for these cameras: APQ8053-Lite GoPro HERO7 White = Vision Intelligence 100 APQ8053-Pro GoPro HERO7 Silver = Vision Intelligence 200

The HERO (2018) and HERO5 Black prove nothing about points being made around marketing and there is no similarity between those cameras and the HERO7 Silver/White or with the HERO7 Black.

Highlighted
Hiker

You've missed the point completely.

The point being that the GoPro Hero 7 Silver could have Time Lapse photo mode if they updated the firmware. They choose not to and it's most likely for product differentiation.

Highlighted
Explorer

Well that's a pretty obvious point. Of course they choose to leave out features for product differentiation. My car could of had a sunroof, but the manufacturer (evil bastards that they are) expect me to pay more for it, so they didn't include it! The Injustice!