Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Photo time-lapse on the GoPro Hero 7 Silver. Likely addition?

HERO7 Silver and White use entirely different hardware than any other GoPro camera.  It is not just software limitation.

Qualcomm APQ8053 Snapdragon 624: Octa-Core, 8x ARM Cortex A53 Up To 1.80 GHz.

APQ8053-Lite GoPro HERO7 White = Vision Intelligence 100
APQ8053-Pro GoPro HERO7 Silver = Vision Intelligence 200

https://www.qualcomm.com/news/releases/2018/10/22/qualcomm-and-gopro-collaborate-hero7-silver-and-wh...

Highlighted
Hiker

I understand the hardware is different, but the Silver is capable of photo time lapse from a hardware perspective. The Silver has video time lapse, which requires very similar processing to photo time lapse.

Thus the conversation becomes one of software and not hardware.

Highlighted
Explorer

Of course, these are all assumptions on your end. I'm not saying it can or can't, but I certainly am not saying I know the engineering or capability of the processor and camera.
Highlighted
Sightseer

This is mind boggoling. Good looking GoPro. Way to find a way to make more money and screw over your customers. There is no reason not to have photo-timelapse mode. Last time I'll invest in GoPro. 

Highlighted
Tourist

I’m pretty miffed at purchasing the Go Pro Hero 7 Silver only to find be same problem. Why bring out a camera without photo time lapse mode? You may as well purchase a Hero 5 which I also have. I feel like I’ve wasted my money Go Pro-it’s a con!
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @joeykemp

Each HERO7 cameras has its own features and was launched at different price points.

See: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/introducing-hero7 for reference.

You may also check this article: Compare GoPro Cameras

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you but I did do my research actually and before Christmas there weren’t many videos/forums making this explicitly clear. I already have other Go Pros but feel the marketing of all 3 wasn’t clear
i.e. black, silver and white. The main differences were such as stabilisation but certainly not photo time lapse mode. I do feel misled as a customer on this and Go Pro should seek to update the software as others have said on this forum. I believe as customers it’s a small ask.
Highlighted
Explorer

It is literally in the tech specs for the camera https://shop.gopro.com/hero7-silver/tech-specs?pid=CHDHC-601-master and in the basic description of the camera, "Turn long events–like sunsets and birthday parties–into short, sharable moments with Time Lapse Video."

Nowhere in the marketing or camera description is there any indication or misleading statement about photo time lapse.