Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Phone Pairing

I recieved a used black session 5, has v02.00 on it, trying to connect it to my phone while following along with a youtube video on how to connect it. In the video the man goes to connection settings and turns on pairing mode. I dont have a connection settings to select on my camera. I do have a select *wifi symbol* control with the word app under it. I select that and the lights turn blue and has a countdown timer along with a pin code. But the app on my phone says that there is no camera to be found. Can anyone please help me troubleshoot this, please?

I have an iphone 8+

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Phone Pairing

Hi @tankburns

Try to reset the the camera's Wi-Fi information:

1. With your camera off, press the Menu button to turn on the status screen.
  2. Press the Menu button repeatedly until you get to "Connections Settings".
  3. Press the Shutter button to select "Connections Settings".
  4. Press the Menu button repeatedly until you get to "Reset Connections".
  5. Press the Shutter button to select "Reset Connections".
  6. Press the Menu button to navigate to "Yes".
  7. Press the Shutter button to select "Yes".
  8. "Wi-fi Reset Successful" will appear on status screen.

Once done, follow the pairing process: 

1. Pick up your camera:
    • Press the MENU button to power your on camera.  
    • Tap the MENU button again until you see CONNECTION SETTINGS and select it with the SHUTTER button.  
    • Press the SHUTTER button to select "CONNECT NEW DEVICE" 
    • Press the MENU button to highlight the 'check mark', then select it with the SHUTTER button. 
  2. Open the GoPro App:
    • Select the Camera logo at the bottom left corner of the app and it will automatically begin scanning for your camera
    • You should see "We Found Your GoPro" and a blue "Connect" button. Tap on connect.
    • You will see a section to change your camera's name, or you can tap on the bottom button to leave the name as it is.
    • Once a name is set your GoPro App will show a live preview of your camera. You're all set!

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance

Thanks!

Ej