02-21-2020 07:56 AM
I recieved a used black session 5, has v02.00 on it, trying to connect it to my phone while following along with a youtube video on how to connect it. In the video the man goes to connection settings and turns on pairing mode. I dont have a connection settings to select on my camera. I do have a select *wifi symbol* control with the word app under it. I select that and the lights turn blue and has a countdown timer along with a pin code. But the app on my phone says that there is no camera to be found. Can anyone please help me troubleshoot this, please?
I have an iphone 8+
02-21-2020 11:02 AM
Try to reset the the camera's Wi-Fi information:
- With your camera off, press the Menu button to turn on the status screen.
- Press the Menu button repeatedly until you get to "Connections Settings".
- Press the Shutter button to select "Connections Settings".
- Press the Menu button repeatedly until you get to "Reset Connections".
- Press the Shutter button to select "Reset Connections".
- Press the Menu button to navigate to "Yes".
- Press the Shutter button to select "Yes".
- "Wi-fi Reset Successful" will appear on status screen.
Once done, follow the pairing process:
- Pick up your camera:
- Press the MENU button to power your on camera.
- Tap the MENU button again until you see CONNECTION SETTINGS and select it with the SHUTTER button.
- Press the SHUTTER button to select "CONNECT NEW DEVICE"
- Press the MENU button to highlight the 'check mark', then select it with the SHUTTER button.
- Open the GoPro App:
- Select the Camera logo at the bottom left corner of the app and it will automatically begin scanning for your camera
- You should see "We Found Your GoPro" and a blue "Connect" button. Tap on connect.
- You will see a section to change your camera's name, or you can tap on the bottom button to leave the name as it is.
- Once a name is set your GoPro App will show a live preview of your camera. You're all set!
Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance