Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Pas de données GPS Hero 8

Bonjour,

Mon application QUICK (que ce soit la version PC ou moblie) n'affiche pas les données GPS alors que ces dernières sont bien présente.

Quelle est la solution pour ce problème ?

Merci d'avance;

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Pas de données GPS Hero 8

Hello, @sixcoups. Currently, Quik for desktop doesn’t support telemetry gauges for your HERO8 Black camera. The Quik for mobile app is no longer in development so it will also not detect GPS data from a HERO8 Black. 

In the meantime, the GoPro App on iOS and Android can add telemetry gauges using GPS performance stickers. These instructions will show you how to view stickers in the GoPro App. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Donc vous vendez une caméra avec GPS sans fournir d'application capable d'exploiter les données ??? Il ne me reste donc plus qu'a demander un remboursement. Merci pour votre réponse rapide
Highlighted
Nomad

Actually you were just told that the GoPro APP for IOS and ANDROID provides the ability to add GPS data.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello,

Does this mean that currently there is no software available for MacOS to do such thing ? Something that would replace Quick ?

A more general question is : what should be my workflow if I want to add telemetry gauges to the videos and save them (before I import them into my video editing software) ?

Highlighted
Nomad

Hello,

Does this mean that currently there is no software available for MacOS to do such thing ? Something that would replace Quick ?

I think you mean "Quik".  And GoPro is currently working on software to replace "Quik" and it will be available sometime Fall.  In the meantime you can use "Dashware" it's free, but you'll need to run it under VMware, Parallels or Boot Camp to get it work in Mac.  Or you can use RaceRender which has a free and premium version for both Windows and Mac.

A more general question is : what should be my workflow if I want to add telemetry gauges to the videos and save them (before I import them into my video editing software) ?

That depends on you entirely.  You could just import the clips into either Dashware or Racerender and add gauges, then export the clips to your video editor if you wanted to.  I'm not a huge fan of that as it means any color grading would affect your gauges also.  I prefer to add my clips to RaceRender, place a green layer over the video and place the gauges on top of the video and then export the gauges as a green screen video.  Then import that video into my video editor as a seperate track.  Synce it back up to the original video and then use a chroma key to remove the green screen.  That way my gauges as a seperate track and I can use a crop tool with a motion option to move them around the screen for different placement.  This also means the gauges are not affected by any color grading I do on the video track.  It all depends on how much editing you really want to do.  

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for your feedback !
Highlighted
Tourist

As I said in my post, I have no GPS data with Android and PC version.

I find it abnormal to have to go through another application to be able to use ALL the features of the camera