Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Panning Issue

This new Hero 7 Black is a bundle of problems. Why can't I record in 2.7k or 4k smoothly? If i pan or move the camera in any direction, it stutters on playback, like it pauses with almost every movement. I'm not the only one having this issue either. Why advertise a 4k camera if it cannot actually record in 4k, or 2,7k or 1440 for that matter without concstant pausing? Also, the 1080p looks lower quality than my friend's Hero 5 in 1080p. Battery life is a joke, too. Gopro basically says to turn off all the functions I want to use so I that can use the camera for more than 8 minutes. This $400 camera does not deliver what it advertises. I'm using the newst firmware. As a customer, I shouldn't have to be the one figuring out these issues...they shouldn't exist to begin with. Hard to believe they released this camera with all these glitches. 

Does anyone know how to stop the stutter when panning?

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Panning Issue

Perhaps you have a playback issue on your device(s)?

No panning issues for me, very smooth. 

IDEA:  To best help you out, please upload your stuttering file and link it here in this thread.  

Highlighted
Hiker

You need to provide us with the most basic info before posting. What firmware are you on...v1.51 or what. Then, you might want to try updating to 1.61. Panning is super smooth. Video quality is fantastic on my 3 cams.

Then, what computer do you have?? Does it support HEVC?? Is it fast enough for 4K video...monitor...is it any good?

H7 Black 4K 60p video runs superbly on my iMac, no issues whatsoever.

The audio is still very out-of-sync with external battery packs....but that is another major issue we have waited for over 2 months to fix.

Highlighted
Tourist

Ok, so i wish i could delete my origional comment  of my contempt prior to investigation. I am novice to this and obviously don't know what i'm doing. I f I could delete my origional post, I would. My devices don't support 4K. However, I am running v1.61 and my 1080p is still grainy regardless of what I watch it on. I have tons of outdoor videos from skydiving with friends when they shot with Hero 4 Silver and Hero 5 Black and Hero 6 Black and all their 1080p videos are way clearer than mine on my devices. Stabilization on this is great, but my videos look pretty unclear, grainy or busy or something. Any tips to fixing that in settings or something?

I currently have it set to 1080/60 W with Protune ON and Stabilization Auto

Highlighted
Nomad

Experiment at a quiet time.    Does not have to be from a parachute drop.   But get the movements and lighting comparable. 

Then, you'll understand instead of just copying blindly.

Like the old story about how a man can eat dinner if you hand him a fish.   

But if he learns how to fish he need never be hungry.