Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Pairing SD Cards with Your HERO5 Black Camera

Hi there,

I am a new GoPro user and have only owned a Hero5 for past 3 months. Have just had this issue arrise on ours and and have done the steps above several times.

What do I do next as we can no longer use our Camera as it will not video or take photos

Thanks in advance

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@Anonymous - What SD card are you using (make and model)? If you've done the steps above, it could be that the card you're using might not be compatible with your camera. Here's a list of compatible cards: https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/microSD-Card-Considerations.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi there jeff. My camera used to work fine but now after the 2.0 update i consistenly get sd card errors. If possible could you provide me in a pm australian gopro support contact? I am using a lexar 633x 128gb card. Formatting it in the camera now does nit fix it
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Sorry about that @andrewg41218. The best way to reach our Australian team is by phone at 61285203208.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi there Jeff, I had the exact same issue with @andrewg41218, previously was working fine but after updated it has sd card error permanently, any fix? I am using Kingston micro sdhc sdc10 128gb. It was working perfectly before the update :(

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi again. Ive got a ticket in with go pro supportt -3510225
I was about to return the camera but now i can confirm with testing that the 2.0 update has killed my lexar 633x 128gb memory card.
Ive changed to a 64gb samsung pro and camera is working fine. Still waiting on a reply from go pro support. Maybe they are aware of the issue and are unsure of a fix
Highlighted
Anonymous

Ya, same here, I just changed to 64gb Sandisk Extreme UHS-I 64gb and it works, looks like the update will kill some sd card
Highlighted
Tourist

Hi @jefft,

I have got the GoPro Hero 5 black camera from official store. At hte beginning it worked fined. Frequently i have faced with issue "SD card Error". It happen while i powered on the camera.

I have tried to format my SD card in computer. After formatting few recordings going fine but next is show me SD card error when i turned ON the camera..

I tried to use your instrictuions here https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Pairing-SD-Cards-with-Your-HERO5-Black-Camera/m-p/25726#U2572... , but the only formating is so-so helping me for short period of time.

I have read the article about how to format SD card. If my SD CARD is 128 mb iis it ok that i am formatting it to exFAT?

The SD card error face me at an appropriate moment every time. Once it was on my friends wedding  Once it was during my holiday. Hero 5 was bought by me not for troubleshooting of it. I would to enjoy the camera and recording video anywhere. So I am a little bit dissapointed by the quality of GoPro.

Could you plese tell me the next steps to be doneto solve my issue?

Thank you in advance.