Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

PROBLEM: No files to import

Hello!

I have one problem. I must import 3 videos from my Hero 5 session to my computer but i can't. I can see them on my mobile apple app, but i can't see them on my computer. The 2 videos are 17 min long, and 1 is 1 min.

I tried almost everything ... I tried to save those 2 videos, that are 17 min long from mobile app to my iphone, but i failed everytime.

Please help! Thanks and best regards from Slovenia

Brez naslova.png
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: PROBLEM: No files to import

@loyalbluff3750, sorry to hear about the trouble. There are some suggested troubleshooting steps here that will help:

Additionally, try using an SD card adapter/reader to connect your microSD card to the computer. The Quik for Desktop should detect the SD card as soon as it is inserted onto your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Sightseer

Hello!

I solved the problem. I put my micro SD card in PC reader for micro SD cards and then it read all files from micro SD on the PC.

Thanks for answers!

Best regards from Slovenia

Tourist

whyis quik not reading teh files anymore? was there an update I need to reverse? 

Sightseer

Same problem here.  Using Mac OS Catalina.  Quik will not recognize any files on the GoPro, nor any files I copy to the designated Quik media folder.  I can open all the mp4 and jpeg files with native Mac software (quicktime, preview, etc).  So Quik is useless right now.

I have tried reformatiing the SD cards, and I uninstalled and re-installed Quik.

GoPro

Hello Everyone!

Sorry for any trouble caused.
We are aware of this issue. We'll post back once we have an update.
In the meantime, you can manually copy the files to your computer via Finder/Image Capture.
Then add it as a media folder. For reference, see How to Add Media Folders in Quik for desktop

You may also try the work around shared on https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/Mac-OS-CATALINA-with-QUIK-APP-is-WORK-Follow-t...

Thanks!

Ej