Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: POV pointer constantly shifting to the left

[ New ]

Player software update on May 1. Anyone retest this yet?

Tourist

[ New ]

I have the latest version of both the player and the Max firmware as available to the date. I have been experimenting with timewarp with the Max inside my car and also timelapse while the Max is stationary.

Timewarp inside a the moving car is useless if the worldlock is on as when the vehicle turns the framing keeps pointing to the same direction as it did when the recording started. Fine. Then when turning the worldlock off it seems to work ok, except the framing follows the turns slightly late. Not good.

Timelapse (360) with the worldlock off is useless. The camera is mounted inside a window of a building recording timelapse (video, not stills, haven't tried stills yet), and the frame is wondering around, left, right, up and down. Slightly but noticeably and the material is ruined.

When exporting these with Gopro player (Mac), worldlock off, and editing in fcpx the problem is still there.

So the material I have is quite useless (or requires very much work and sweat in the post, which is not acceptable). Anyone know if this is a problem with the camera or the player app?

Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]
The problem I has with the shifting disappeard Wheeling I turned of World Lock when I exporten the footage.
Normal mode.
Points to a software issue and not the Max.
Tourist

[ New ]

Yes, it seems to be software issue since now when I checked the footage from the Max's own screen it's playing just fine. No deviations or shifting of any kind.