Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: POV pointer constantly shifting to the left

I don't have the details on all of the individual bug fixes that were included in the latest firmware update. I have tried to replicate the issues you're reporting and I am not able to.

If you are on the latest firmware and are still seeing this issue, reaching out to our Support team directly by phone or by chat is going to be the best way to get your issues addressed and hopefully resolved.
Highlighted
Hiker

Retest and issue still appears.

IMG_7D56C86C374A-1.jpeg

IMG_3725B47F64A2-1.jpeg

Test process: Set up camera on stand. Settings as above. Hit record and wait until enough footage has been captured to split the file (approx 4GB, 8 minutes). Open file in GoPro Player. Play file. Confirm you see the drift.

Software version per my recent post. They all appeared to be at the latest version.

I have reported it to Support but it was not clear if this will reached the right teams.

I appriciate everyone's input and help with this.

Highlighted
Hiker

I just updated to GoPro Player v1.2.0 and retested with same results.

I'm really surprised the support forum doesn't have an escalation path to either front line support or the product managers. My expirence with the Support team was very unsucessful the last time. I guess I can try it again.

Highlighted
Hiker

@jefft 

I can totally confirm the procedure and result like swooshdave did it. I tested it exactly the same way ....with the same result.

So , if you jefft , got a different experience , could you please help us, by doing the exactly same testing as we did, to see , wether it is a hardareproblem with only a few cameras, or it is a softwarebug .

Please set the max , as described, simply on a tripod or whatever stable base on your desktop and start the recording (5,6K) for at least 8-12 min.

Then run through either the OSX gopro-player or the W10-exporter (both stabilisations ON) , and tell us your result......that would really help much !!

could you please be so kind ....

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Here's a link to a video I shot yesterday afternoon... https://youtu.be/KXVBYBPD4-s

I used GoPro Player 1.2.0 to render the .360 file that was shot on a MAX running the 1.40 firmware. Horizon Level was on. World Lock was off. No other adjustments were made. I can't see any drifting in this other than some movement from the wind moving the MAX on my monopod.

If you are seeing this issue, please try to preview with and without World Lock activated.

Rendered using GoPro Player (Version 1.2.0) with Horizon Level On and World Lock Off.
Highlighted
Hiker

@jefft wrote:

Here's a link to a video I shot yesterday afternoon... https://youtu.be/KXVBYBPD4-s

I used GoPro Player 1.2.0 to render the .360 file that was shot on a MAX running the 1.40 firmware. Horizon Level was on. World Lock was off. No other adjustments were made. I can't see any drifting in this other than some movement from the wind moving the MAX on my monopod.

If you are seeing this issue, please try to preview with and without World Lock activated.

I relooked at a video that was drifting, I turned off World Lock in Player and it stopped.

Is that a bug with World Lock? I assume you are seeing the drifting with World Lock on in GoPro Player?

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

I don't have a ton of info about how World Lock works. If I can get more info, I'll post it here. That function is designed for cameras that are in motion, so if your setup is stationary, it's best to turn that feature off.

Highlighted
Hiker

thanks jeff for testing. As Swooshdave mentioned , worldlock is of course always on, because gopro products are meant to be used in action . I noticed that bug for example during a 360 shot of a projectionshow, where I cannot use a tripod , but have to hold the cam on a stick in my hands above me . If worldlock would be of, the footage would be unusable shakey. 

in this case the pov angle is moving for the 20min of the show about 90degrees !!

So one of the main benefits of buying a max, is having this stabilisation , but if it is faulty ....what now !?

Is there honestly anyone at gopro willing and able to fix this ?