Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

Re: POV pointer constantly shifting to the left

[ New ]

Hello @swooshdave and @bluewater86456. Thank you for sharing your observations with us. We'd like to take a closer look at the issue. It would be best to get in touch with our Support team so we can gather more details. 

We have recently made a change in our contact method. To connect with Support, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs and fill out the form with the needed details. Once done, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Be sure to put in your best contact number and to have access to your MAX, MAX footage and computer during the interaction. 

Hiker

[ New ]
I tried to use the Contact Us page and initiated a chat but was redirected to the Feedback page. Hopefully this gets routed to the correct party.
Hiker

[ New ]
I updated my Max to 01.35 and retested. Same result. I did submit a bug so hopefully someone is looking into this.
Highlighted
Hiker

[ New ]

@jefft I've tried to reach out to GoPro support on this one, is there anything you can do?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @swooshdave. The latest version of the GoPro MAX firmware is 1.4. Do you still observe the same issue with this new version? 

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

If you tried to reach our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs, I'm not sure how that would have directed you to our Facebook page. Can you walk us through how that page directed you to Facebook?

For the drifting, be sure your MAX is on the latest firmware. If that's the case, are you seeing this happen when you activate World Lock on the GoPro Player? 

Hiker

[ New ]

@jefft @mariustanya 

can you, as official gopro employees, please confirm that there should be an improvement in fw 1.4 !

I reported it in last december (5 month ago) and since then many people cinfirmed that issue.

Your advice was/is always, to check the newest firmware/ software.

But why ?

Is this a known issue, and has a developer at gopro clearly reported that there SHOULD BE A FIX !?

Or are you trying to get rid of us customers by telling ervyone the same "support-ping.pong-game"......have you tried this, do you have set this or that......... while knowing exactly tht there is still nothing fixed.....

....you still have not accepted , that you will not survive the meanwhile better chinese competition, without stopping this behaviour.

Hiker

[ New ]

I checked a recent shoot at it did not appear to have the drift. It was a motorcycle ride so there was a lot of movement. I've set up the camera as stationary and I'm testing again. I'll report back in a little bit, at full 5.6k I believe it's about 8 mins between segments.

I think the most frustrating part was that I couldn't find anything in the 4.10 release notes. Was it there and I just missed it?