Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Overview Video Modes Hero 7 Black

Where can I find an overview of all available video resolutions, modes and framerates and if stabilization (and which stabilization) is available at each one? I could not find the manual of he Hero 7 in the manual section. 

Adventurer

Re: Overview Video Modes Hero 7 Black

GoPro

Hi @noox,

Our website will be update for that. 

As of now you may try to check each option 1 by 1 and and check if there is stabilization option. 

But upon checking only those 120FPS above doesn't have stabilization. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Hiker

[ Edited ]

Ok, thanks. I'm specially interested in the 2K7 4:3 60fps mode. I use it mainly chest mounted for mountain biking. As it's not always easy to adjust the GoPro vertically (even often depends on the steepness of the trail) I'd like to have the option to crop the most interesting 16:9 section of the 4:3 frame. 60 fps also seems to be much better (with 30 fps I had a lot of motion blur). 2.7K would be fine as with fast changing scenes the higher bitrate of YouTubes 1440p leads to a much greater result than 1080p.

Thus with the Hero5 and Hero6 I shoot with 1440p 4:3 60fps and stabilization. I crop it to 16:9 and upscale it to 1440p.

Explorer

[ Edited ]

2.7K (4:3)/60 has hypersmooth stabilization

Explorer

And as a note, 1440/120 has Standard (Hero6 quality) stabilization.
Nomad

Wait so 2.7k 60fps can't do linear anymore!? Hero6 does 2.7k 60fps at both wide AND linear. Why has this been downgraded!? That was one of the best settings :(
Nomad

Fyi I meant 2.7k 4:3 60fps