Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

Re: Overview Video Modes Hero 7 Black

Hello @quickhero77554

The resolution setting 2.7K 4:3 at 60fps can only be in Wide FOV for the new HERO7 Black camera. 

It can go Linear, Wide and Superview in 16:9 with Hypersmooth Stabilization. 

Thanks,
Marius

Nomad

@mariustanya

Yes that is my point. Why has it been downgraded from the Hero6 that could do 2.7k 4:3 60fps in Linear!?
Nomad

@mariustanya

Can/will this be brought back in a firmware update? I have upgraded and it was the main video mode I used.
GoPro

[ Edited ]

@quickhero77554 We do not have information as to why it was removed, and if there will be any changes through a firmware update. We will surely bring this matter to the team in charge for feedback, and answers. Thanks!

Nomad

@mariustanya

Thank you, I would really appreciate you bringing it to the teams attention.

It is a very versatile shooting mode with Linear and I used it almost constantly on the Hero6 Black.

Thank you
Explorer

I think that this really just comes down to the stabilization and perspective on what constitutes an upgrade.  On the HERO6 you didn't get stabilization w/ 2.7K (4:3)/60 and now with the HERO7 you do.  However, the trade off seems to be the loss of Linear FOV.  Now, first let me say that yes, it would be nice if GoPro could add back the unstabilized 2.7K (4:3)/60 Linear option as an addition to the stabilized options.  So, I'm not trying to argue that they shouldn't, or that it wouldn't be nice if they, added it back.  But, IMO, the addition of stabilized 2.7K (4:3) is a significant upgrade and much better than having to sacrifice it for Linear.

Nomad

No Daniel, they should definitely re-add that setting.

Wide FOV is useless for myself and many others I expect. I would far rather have 2.7k 4:3 60fps in Linear without stabilisation as I can use a gimbal.

As it stands I now cannot take the shots I need to.

Saying it is now a significant upgrade because it has stabilisation is ridiculous. Please, as much as you love telling people your opinion, try looking from a different perspective than "everything gopro do is perfect" for once?
Explorer

[ Edited ]

"Saying it is now a significant upgrade because it has stabilisation is ridiculous." Really? Ridiculous? As much as you want to chastise me for giving my opinion, I never invalidated you or your opinion. In fact, I made sure to say that it was, "perspective on what constitutes an upgrade" meaning how one sees it might be different than how someone else might view it.

Furthermore, I specifically stated "IMO" which, if you don't know, means In My Opinion. Unlike you, I'm not trying to push my beliefs or opinions down anyone's throat.

IMO, unless you are posting directly to social media and utilizing a mobile app for editing (like Quik) Linear is not the best setting. Wide is by far a better setting and is easily corrected in a desktop editor which allows for more control and less distortion (especially at the edges).

YOU use a gimbal. Trying to argue that stabilization is not an upgrade for the vast majority of users because YOU don't need it is silly, perhaps even...."ridiculous". I get that YOU are disappointed that Linear is not available, and I've already agreed that it will be nice if GoPro can put that resolution/frame rate availability into the HERO7 in future updates.