Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Overheating GoPro 7

All this conversation is good. I have an update. I do have currently also a 6 and it only get to about 90 degrees Fahrenheit. It does not get hotter. I have 4 different batteries and multiple cards. I talked with GoPro and the returned it. So I will let you know when I get the new one.
Highlighted
Tourist

Well that seems like GoPro might not want to sell anymore of these then lol. My 6 does not generate this kind of heat. In fact it’s kind of scary kind of heat. That you might have a fire on your hand. This guys advice is kind of reckless I think.
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

HI @colgatekid ,

May i know who is the guy that you think is reckless?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Tourist

The one saying it’s a end user problem
Highlighted
Tourist

The one saying it’s an user problem. What if that end user says ok the. And continues to use it and there is a fire? While they are holding it and the get burned. Seems kind of like a reckless comment to me.
Highlighted
Tourist

LMAO.... LOL. Seems like there is someone try to be funny out there. Are you a clown? Do you know how to read in english properly?

'then it is a problem to end user' is NOT mean to 'it’s an user problem'

Heat generated from gopro is too hot to be handled by hands. Then this is a problem to end user. As end user might get burned/injured when they are using it. This is of course a safety issue that must be addressed by gopro team la. Either from FW update or replacement device to solve all of this issue. 

This is the thing that all people are disucssing about. But suddenly, there is a clown coming in and make noise. I think the clown just trying to be funny & to make us laugh. Hahaha. LMAO.

Thanks Mr. Clown! You make all of us laugh. Good JOB! Well done!

Highlighted
Explorer

@quickhero77554 

Can you link the article of a GoPro camera exploding?  You say it could happen.  Surely with so many devices sold, there must be a few of these articles by now.

If anyone is having issues with their camera that changing to another recommended SD card and performing a manual update doesn't resolve, contact the GoPro Support Team.  I understand that some people want to play engineer (and some actually are), but this discussion is going nowhere.  GoPro cameras do get hot.  140 degrees Fahrenheit (60 Celcius) is about the max a processor should be operated at.  The camera is going to get hot.  Unlike computers, there is no fan and no open venting.  Primarily the heat will escape around the lens.  The lens will get very hot because the material conducts heat.  If your camera is freezing or shutting down because of overheating in a cool and well ventilated environment, then there may be an issue.  Contact GoPro Customer Support.  If they deem an exchange is necessary, they will replace your camera with a new (albeit tested) camera.  It will come in a brown cardboard box.  They aren't going to send you a sealed marketing box that has a battery, two mounts, USB-C cable, buckle and mounting screw.

Highlighted
Nomad

@danielr15

I said IF something like that happened you would defend GoPro despite it being an obviously terrible situation.