Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Overheating GoPro 7

@redjump28722

I completely agree.

I would add 1080p is a little soft, so shooting at 2.7k is the best bet for all round performance.

And I couldn't agree more that some fanboys (they know who they are) on this forum really do ruin any chance of advancements and actually fixing a problem by spouting the usual SD card and firmware update crap. I sometimes wonder if they are hired by GoPro to talk it up to be honest.
Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for some actual good advice! Much appreciated
Highlighted
Tourist

I love this explanation. I use a sandisk extreme plus 64 and mine still over heats. So the explanation is not correct
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

HI guys, just to know if there is any best way to get rid of the overheating issue? My gopro hero 7 black seems overheating during recording also (with connection OFF, voice command OFF, screen brightness at 10% only).

Even it is in 1080p 60 for a half hour. The camera itself feel so hot especially the lense area. 

Am i getting a faulty devices? Anybody experiencing this? What will be the solution? A replacement device from gopro?

Appreciate for all the advices and helps. Thanks !

Highlighted
Tourist

Mine does it all the time. It’s frustrating as hell. They will ask you about everything other than say they have a problem with over heating. Mine gets so hot I’m expecting it to catch on fire at some point.
Highlighted
Explorer

Getting hot and overheating are not the same thing. The heat, especially around the lens, is pretty normal. This is especially apparent when using high resolution or frame rates for a long or when recording for long periods of time.

it's basically a computer sealed in a waterproof case. The heat has to escape somewhere.
Highlighted
Tourist

Lol well when it over heats to the point it freezes I think I’d call that over heating. Wouldn’t you?
Highlighted
Tourist

I have a photo if I could upload it of my heat temp gun and it says the GoPro is at 123 degrees. Is that safe? And I have an evo 128 card in it which the sheet says is fine. It gets hotter with the sandisk