Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Overheating GoPro 7

[ Edited ]

@quickhero77554
I'll take your words to heart. I honestly don't think that I am always right or infallible; however, I also don't post advise, suggestions, or opinions that I think are wrong. But it is true, I have learned a lot from members on this site many times they have helped me to understand what I thought I already had a firm grasp on. This does not exclude you as well, as I'm sure you have posted perspectives or thoughts that have changed my thinking on certain things.

I welcome when you correct something I may have missed stated or maybe wrong about. I enjoy learning about these cameras and filming in general. When I post advice, I do try to use words such as "I think" , "it might be", "I hope" and most always, "try". if it's coming across as though I think I have the definitive answers, that is not my intention.

I only speak to my experiences with these cameras. If I have not had the same experience as the person posting, I tried to state that. As I do have extensive knowledge of GoPro cameras going back to the original hero HD, I have experienced many of the same issues. As a long-standing member of this forum, I have the knowledge of what other members have posted for issues and what has and has not worked for them. I have disassembled, reassembled, and change Parts in several GoPro cameras. The company ifixit.com is local to where I liveand I have consulted with them on several issues as well.ultimately though, I have found that in general, the best advice to give begins with a working recommended SD card and a manual update. When these do not address the issue, then it is usually best for the customer to contact the GoPro support team so they can work out the best options for them.

I tried to make it a point to not spend other people's money, or to tell them what they should or should not do with their camera in relation to returns or exchanges. Most people who come to this site, have already made their purchase and have expectations that for whatever reason are not being met. If it's as simple as changing a setting to get a better image, great! I use my cameras a lot, so I have a pretty good knowledge base of what works for me and I like to share that with others. If someone has a differing opinionabout a setting the member should try, then that's even better. Not only does it provide options for that member, I often will then go out and try it myself. Many things I used to believe as the, "best" settings, I no longer use.

@quickhero77554 I do value your input but just ask that you stop with your insults about me, my intentions, and whether or not my opinions matter. I have no problem with you disagreeing with me, but you need to embrace a little humility yourself. I am not always right, and neither are you. It will serve each of us better, and the members on this community, if we each stop addressing one another in our post, and most certainly stop hijacking these threads with our petty little arguments.

Highlighted
Explorer

@quickhero77554
Such a shame. I wrote the above hoping we could come to a peaceful accord, yet I see not just five minutes ago you posted yet another back handed insult at me. I mean this in all seriousness, mature a little and get over it.
Highlighted
Nomad

@danielr15

Nobody has time to read your 10000 word essay.

And my last comment was just reiterating that people have a problem with the stabilisation, and reiterating how terrible your advice was. Which it was by the way, "learn the camera" is not a solution. Sorry.
Highlighted
Sightseer

If you need a non biased opinon, I'd say @danielr15 is helpful, and @quickhero77554 is being a troll.  I haven't read any other posts though, and this is based purely on reading this thread about overheating issues.  Super entertaining though; thanks to both of you for bringing humor to my morning (and thanks Daniel for the insightful information).

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Why would an SD Card influence on GoPro's overheating? ... every solution on this forum resumes to the SD Card list. Mine overheats aswell in 4K60 as all the others, no matter what SD Card you have, that's just about it.

I would say, return your camera if you don't like it this way, because it'll always overheat like every other gopro in max res.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @megadive27147,

Yes SD card can cause overheating. 

for example you're recording in max resolution and your SD card write speed can't keep up with the camera.

That's the time it will cause heating or freezing. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

I see, well, I'm gonna try a new card and let you know, but I doubt it won't heat up a lot like it always does in 4K60 :)

Highlighted
GoPro

I can say that on 4K60 camera will heat up a little bit @megadive27147 even if you have a recommended SD card. 

Considering the temperature but if it really heats up too much then I can say that there is really a problem with the camera. 

https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations

Regards,

-Jay