Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Overheating GoPro 7

Once inserted, the SD card becomes a part of the camera circuitry. Every diode, cable, transistor and wire must have certain speeds and integrity. Without a proper SD card, the system doesn't run properly.
Highlighted
Nomad

Does Samsung evo plus 64gb microsd mb-mc64ga/eu will be enough good ?
Highlighted
Explorer

It should be. I actually bought one (actually a Samsung Evo Select, which is just the amazon.com branded Evo Plus) to test against my SanDisk Extreme v30, Lexar 1000x and Samsung Pro and Pro+. I haven't run any test yet, so I don't have first hand knowledge, but I suspect it should be fine.
Highlighted
Nomad

The GoPro staff (and daniel who wishes he was one) tend to suggest the SD card is the problem straight off the batt. Or the other typical response is "do a manual update".

If you're using a recommended SD card then it won't be the problem, and if it is GoPro have something to answer for.

Overheating GoPro's are standard, it happens to everyone. Especially at 4k 60fps. That is the answer I'm afraid, just use lower specs for longer recordings.

Highlighted
Explorer

@quickhero77554
Are you a child? Seriously, I'm thinking maybe a petulant 20 something know it all? If so, no problem, it just explains a lot. If not, I really feel sorry for anyone who has to associate with you.

Anyway, the reason for always recommending a SD card from GoPro's list and performing a manual update is because doing so rules these out as possibly being a source of the issue, whatever it may be. Since this is a member to member community, there is little more we can do other than possibly offering suggestions on settings, camera placement, and general use.

If the suggestions don't fix the issue, then we suggest the member contact the GoPro Support Team. Since these are the same steps the support team will ask if the member has done, then we are saving this step when they do call or chat. Hopefully, it also assist in getting an exchange RMA processed more expediently.

It's not, as @quickhero77554 might have people believe, to try and sweep things under the rug or try to present that the camera doesn't have an issue. However, in many cases, IT IS the card, and often a new card and/or manual update DO help.

Of course, there are always some people like @quickhero77554 who always have to be right and the authority on everything and LOVE bashing GoPro or anyone who says anything remotely positive about the cameras. God forbid you try to help someone other than just saying how crappy everything is. The rain cloud over his head is dark and dreary and he just wont be happy until everyone is under it.

No thank you.

@quickhero77554
Please don't now cry about how I'm ruining forums for you, boring you, sniffing Woodman's &%$#, etc, etc. You are the one stalking my every post and it's getting very sad for you.
Highlighted
Nomad

@danielr15

Ouch did I hit a nerve?

Not sure I've been bashing GoPro, in fact I have owned the 5, 6, and now the 7.

I'm just ofering my advice and noting when I think others advice is not very good.

Highlighted
Explorer

[ Edited ]

@quickhero77554
Yeah, I guess you have. Helping is great, and I've actually taken the time to applaud you for it in the past. Additionally, I've taken time to address issues any questions you've had, including going through my own gear to find dates and information in the hopes of helping you.

You may not feel that I offer any benefit to this community, but there are many who do. I don't do this for you, so your constant attacks and insults are of little interest to me personally, but your tone and arrogant attitude so have an effect.

Does it please you if you, "hit a nerve"? Is that what you are going after? You can chase me around this forum insulting me all you want, it's not going to change my honest desire to help people. Best of luck to anyone in your life who has to put up with you. Then again, I'm sure they are just wrong, as you are always right.

Highlighted
Nomad

@danielr15

You have attacked and insulted me just as much if not more. When I do have a question that needs answering your advice is not helpful because it always goes back to you defending GoPro to the death as opposed to offering actual solutions.

And it's funny how you call me childish but yet you are here insulting me and my family.

Also not sure when I've ever claimed to be right about everything, if I have a problem then obviously it's subjective and I want help with it. Just because my problem doesn't bother you doesn't mean I'm wrong like you constantly suggest.

Honestly Daniel take a look at yourself, you are the one who thinks he's right all the time. Get over yourself.