Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Overcharged for purchase of Hero 9

Still waiting on a response from two times I have raised an overcharge with GoPro????

Ordered via Australian site which should have cost me the advertised price of $559.95 AUD plus $20.96 AUD for a battery - $580.91 AUD

Charged $598 AUD in total for some reason?

Cant use the discounts available on the accessories because you ship the --bleep-- batteries from overseas and claim you cant send them without the purchase of a camera.

You guys need to be transparent with all this stuff around at time of order, I could have saved $80 buying it locally in the end, aswell as weeks of frustration and lack of sevice from GoPro

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Overcharged for purchase of Hero 9

Hi there, I have the same experience with my purchase on 12 Nov 2020 where I purchased the Hero8 Black deal with 2 accessories that came with the Go Pro Subscripition. I was invoiced for the right amount but my credit card was charged for a different amount and twice which included the Go Pro subscription which was supposed to be free. I purchased from the AUstralia site and the pricing was in AUD, so I cannot make out what is the vast price they overcharged me. I have had no luck trying to contact via thei]r chat in the support page as there is no phone contact either or an email for customer support. Do you have any email address that I can send. hope your case gets resolved soon too./ 

Highlighted
Hiker

No surprise there has been no response from either my post below a month ago or the case that was raised a week before that.

I believe the extra charge is applied by our banks because while gopro sells the product in Australia, they never advise that the sale is processed overseas and the bank slugs us with an overseas transaction charge. Sadly you don't find out that the sales on gopro aussie website come from overseas until your money is gone and the product doesn't show up for weeks and you get zero notification of shipping.

But the stupid site still says 2 to 3 days.

And the subscription is useless now as they won't despatch batteries without a camera sale attached and other accessories never in stock
Highlighted
Hiker

Ding ding ding.

Gopro are a disgrace of a company. Besides the ability of staff copy/pasting their default 3 answers (manual firmware, give us sample, contact support) nothing else about the company is as expected in modern times.