Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Ordering Hero8 from Canada

Hero8 will start shipping on Amazon this Friday and Bestbuy is not until 31st.

I am planning to purchase from Gopro website directly because i got a 25% off for the Hero 8 but since i live in Canada i am worried that the discount will just be "eaten" by the duties and other fees.

Anyone has experienced here purchasing for Gopro directly and shipped to Canada? how much duties/fees/taxes did you pay?

Tourist

Re: Ordering Hero8 from Canada

You will pay extra a lot, much more than if you would buy at Canadian local store like amazon.ca or bestbuy.ca.

GoPro

Hi @lymemylez,

enabokov is correct. 

You can also contact GoPro Customer Support if they have other option for you. 

You may contact them via chat or request a phone call; https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Do not bother yourself chatting with the support. I spent 30 minutes today in chat clarifying the final price of the GoPro Hero 8 bundle for a BC resident. The person at the other end could not provide a bit of useful information. I started googling and found that: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/GoPro-Shipping-Policy

Customers with shipping addresses outside of the U.S. and our EMEA or APAC shipping zone are solely responsible for all duties, import taxes and brokerage fees. These are not included in the cost of shipping or handling of your order. Customs, duties, and taxes vary widely from country to country; please check with your local customs agency for details on estimated costs. Customs, duty, and taxes are non-refundable: so if you refuse a shipment because of unexpected import fees, the cost of the original shipping, any brokerage/customs/duty/taxes, and any return shipping charges will not be refunded.

Further googling showed me the story of one canadian customer who ordered a bundle on GoPro store and eventually paid $70 above the price on the amazon.ca.