Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Only mp4 files transferred from Fusion. Studio will not import or stitch footage.

[ New ]

I transferred all of the mp4 files to my computer to free up the space on the SD card and keep shooting, but the other files did not transfer. Now I can not load the files into Fusion Studio in order to stitch them together.

What is there left to do?

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: Only mp4 files transferred from Fusion. Studio will not import or stitch footage.

[ New ]

Can you list your PC specs (use the free program speccy if you need to).

Are there any other programs running in the background when you try to start GoPro Fusion Studio 1.4?  

Have you tried running GoPro Fusion Studio in admin mode or compatibility mode?

Fusion Studio 1.3 requires all files to be present before it will stitch them so lrv, thm, as well as video.

Fusion Studio 1.4 just seems to require the MP4 files, so that's your solution right there, unfortunately something on your PC (hardware or software) is causing it to crash, so need to find out what so you can stitch your files.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Only mp4 files transferred from Fusion. Studio will not import or stitch footage.

[ New ]

Make sure you have copied the files across to your PC in the needed fashion (two folders, one labled back, one labled front).  Also make sure are using the latest version of Fusion Studio (1.4).

This video may help you:

Tourist

[ New ]

I attempted to update to v1.4, however, it will not even open. Instead it prompts with a crash dump report that also fails to upload so kudos to the coders for that one.....

In the video, all of the files were selected and transferred from the camera to the local drive. That is not the case and as states in my first post, seems to be the problem. ONLY the mp4 files were transferred, not the other two. Now I am not able to get the two files to load into studio 1.3 in order to stitch.

Looking for a work around.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @quiknclean

Are you getting any error codes on Fusion Studio?

Try doing some test recordings then manually copy the files to your computer.

Make sure that all the file components are saved.

See How to Import Media into the GoPro Fusion Studio App for reference.

Let us know how it goes. You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

No, there are no error codes in Fusion Studio. In v1.3, when I attempt to "import" the mp4 files from a folder on the computer, nothing loads into the edit window. None of the files load at all.

As stated in the original post, the only files I have are the mp4's. None of the other files were transferred to the computer. They are gone now. I have since recorded numerous video files and broght over all of the files and have had no problems stitching them since I am assuming one of the files contains the metadata. As the title states I am looking for a solution to stitch the 2 corresponding mp4 files as they are the only files that I have. No metadata.

As far as Fusion Studio v1.4, when I attempt to load the program, there is a 40s lag with nothing happening, then I get a message 'An unexpected error has occurred during software execution, and we aplogize for that.' It is in a pop-up window labled "GoPro Crash Reporter". When I attempt to submit the report, the crash reporter... crashes. "The upload process failed. This process is not available for this software." is all the next window says.

Nomad

[ New ]

Can you list your PC specs (use the free program speccy if you need to).

Are there any other programs running in the background when you try to start GoPro Fusion Studio 1.4?  

Have you tried running GoPro Fusion Studio in admin mode or compatibility mode?

Fusion Studio 1.3 requires all files to be present before it will stitch them so lrv, thm, as well as video.

Fusion Studio 1.4 just seems to require the MP4 files, so that's your solution right there, unfortunately something on your PC (hardware or software) is causing it to crash, so need to find out what so you can stitch your files.