Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Only 13 digits in my serial number

[ New ]

I have been going round in circles for a few days now - now realise i need to update camera, but it wont update without a 14 digit serial code - this only has a 13 digit one - the nimber is the same on the packet, under the battery and on the phone app. but it is only 13 digits. 

I am so frustrated!!!!

The camera runs the battery down within an hour - even if its not being used. And crashes after less than 2 mins of time warp - a little longer for normal video. It was all working fine till i logged into Go Pro plus to enable downloads of videos. I am one very unhappy user at the moment. 

GoPro

Re: Only 13 digits in my serial number

[ New ]

Hi @missmerredew,

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

It's not normal to have a 13 digit serial number. 

I suggest to contact our customer support team so that they can check that for you and they can gather more details such as the serial number and picture of the serial number on the battery compartment to resolve the issue.

Replacement might be needed. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Tourist

[ New ]

They seem to only be available when i am working - this does not feel like its going to be an easy fix. 

Photo available, but im not keen to post number on here 

GoPro

[ New ]

Got it @missmerredew,

Any personal information such as serial number will be taken down if you post it here. 

You can send me a personal message and I'll check it for you. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Tourist

[ New ]

Thnks Jay

I have got it to work now. Have downloaded and updated the camera - will try it out in the morning and hopefully everything will now work properly. 

Only one issue is remaining and that is that the go pro app is not allowing me access to my gopro plus cloud for some reason. It is telling me that the camera is not switched on - despite me being able to control it and see the preview on the same app at the same time. Now where am i going wrong? Does the plus account have the wrong serial number? How do I check?

Miss

Adventurer

[ New ]

Please offer us the serial number in  this way

1234567890123  is that what you have or do you have  C12345678901234?  Take the card out place to the sd reader and on a puter open the misc file  do you have a 14 digit serial?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @missmerredew. Do you recall ever adding your camera as a device under your GoPro account? You may log in through gopro.com/login . Once logged in,  you can go to Settings, then Devices. You will see all the cameras that you have added on this page. It is also on the same platform that you will see all your media. Let us know how it goes. 

Tourist

[ New ]
Thank you all.
I’ve sorted it all now. The C on the front gave me the extra digit I needed to collect the upgrade. It camera has only hung once since then. If it does again I will be taking it back!
I appear to have set up two different accounts with two different emails. The plus on my phone was using a different one to everything else which is why nothing was working properly.
Today it worked perfectly, so hopefully....
Adventurer

[ New ]

simply over looked