Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

One Folding Finger don't fold out completely, is this normal?

[ New ]

Hello dear Community,

I just recieved my brand new Hero 8 Black and I was super excited to try it out but while unpacking I realized that there is probably something wrong with the Folding Fingers. One of them does not fold into a complete 90° angle (see Image 1) which makes the camera tilted all the time when mounted to something through the Folding Fingers (see Image 2). It is not blocked completely or stuck but only unable to be pushed into an upright position without pressure and automatically moving back to about a 70° angle afterwards. I wanted to know if this is normal - which I don't think it is because why would it -, if I it is a common thing and if there is a way I could fix this myself. If not, I will simply return it back to the seller so they can fix it or replace the camera.

Thank you very much in advance,

Fritz

Folding FingersMounted

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: One Folding Finger don't fold out completely, is this normal?

[ New ]

Hi @fritzderechte,

It would be best to contact GoPro customer support and let them check that for you. 

If you really can't fold it, then it might be a defective mounting tab. 

-Jay

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: One Folding Finger don't fold out completely, is this normal?

[ New ]

Hi @fritzderechte,

It would be best to contact GoPro customer support and let them check that for you. 

If you really can't fold it, then it might be a defective mounting tab. 

-Jay