Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Once you remove 360 files from camera, can you move them back to the camera so you can use th...

You mean the files LRV and HTM of GoPro App in your S9 directory? 

Where is the folder location? I was trying to look for it but could not find one.  

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Once you remove 360 files from camera, can you move them back to the camera so you can use the a

@tommypat wrote:

I rarely connect USB port of my expensive DSLR nor use my camera to charge the battery via USB port.  

I always remove SD card from my expensive DSLR and copy files via Card Reader. 

I always use separate battery charger to charge battery too. 

I do the same with my Max Camera. 

I was told that it is safer to do it this way. Although I think connecting modern expensive camera to USB should be safe, there might be slim chance that electrical stress during connect and disconnect could harm expensive electronics. It is also true that the mechanical lock and spring of SD card slot could be damaged if used often too. 

Hopefully all these damages should happen after our Max Camera have long been outdated. In reality, I feel that I rarely use my Electronics often enough to make it worth the money we paid for. 

I do the same when using my DSLR camera, but then I am dealing with a standard SD card, not a micro where you are much more likely to introduce static just due to it's sheer size.  I also had my wife put the SD card back in the MAX and she missed the slot, pushed the card between the slot and battery and broke the micro SD in the process.  She didn't even know she did it until I pulled it out to see.  Basically, when dealing with a sliver of platic that is about half the size of a dime and would be lost if dropped while out on the adventures that the "action" camera is designed to be used in, why force people to remove the card?   My DSLR came with a battery charger, the MAX came with a USB cable.  The way I, and I assume most hobbiest use their camera is to use it for the day, come home, plug into their computer and transfer video content from camera to computer, then move camera to charger until full.   Seems pretty simple and basic,,,, except you aren't getting all of the content this way.  All previous GoPro's I have used in the exact same way and I can see the .THM and .LRV files and move them with the content as needed.

These .THM and .LRV files are not on the app, they are on the SD card in the same location as the .360 file, so it makes not sense that you cannot see them when connected via USB.  Basically the camera is filtering what the PC can see and does not show all files, even though they are there.

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Once you remove 360 files from camera, can you move them back to the camera so you can use the a

You got the point. I forgot that this is the smallest micro SD card, unlike Mini SD card in DSLR.

Besides, there is no reason why it should not show all files when you plug USB cable if we should back up complete set of files.