Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

On video mode, my GoPro7 will only film for about 3 seconds before it seems to go to time lapse mode

When using video mode, my GoPro7 black will only film a few seconds of video before seemingly changing to time lapse mode for a few time lapse stills, then it will perhaps do a few seconds of video again and so on.

I have tried using a different SD card (one Sandisk 32GB Extreme and one 64GB Extreme) but it's always the same.

Am 8,000miles from home to film coral reefs with brand new camera, so very dissapointed at the moment. Any help will be appreciated.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: On video mode, my GoPro7 will only film for about 3 seconds before it seems to go to time lapse

Sorry to hear   Reset / factory reset may clear the issue

Firmware manually reflash may clear or ocorrect as well.

never mentioned  where this happened but from what you said sounds like in the water and are you sure the screen is locked so the dashboard does not just change randomally.   The recording once recorded will be of what you chose or the camera switched to,

If you were just on land and grabbing for a shot then like said those are the two options for now. I know of. some one came on the other day same issue?

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: On video mode, my GoPro7 will only film for about 3 seconds before it seems to go to time lapse

Thanks for your post,

Yes, it was in water the first time, although I tested it in the hotel room making sure I didnt touch the screen and it did the same.

Previously, in the water I did have a problem when it kept swapping from camera, to time lapse, to video and also I had to keep taking the camera out of the water to reset the zoom on full, as I couldn't do it under.

From what you have said, it sounds as if the water may make it change randomly and  no, I haven't locked the screen as I thought I could swap from video to camera whilst under the water????

Highlighted
Adventurer

the screen will change  due to  the sa;twater. you should lock the screen.  swipe down on the dashboard and chose lock then you press the Mode  for video, timelapse,  phot,  on whatever mode you want then press theshutter tochange  the settings of that mode. you won't be able to go into the prefrences of  other things of hte dashboard. and that may been your problem.  using it in the water.

but  if you are saying at the hotel sitting down  it happens then you got a problem.