Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

November software update

[ New ]
What date is the software update released for this month?
Nomad

Re: November software update

[ New ]

There is no date given.  The GoPro Team are hard at work improving the firmware for the camera and there are a number of fixes that need to be done.  After they are implemented the Team needs to do extensive testing on both the camera and app across a multitude of devices to ensure there are no crashes or issues.  If there are any crashes or issues, the team has to then troubleshoot, find solutions and update the firmware again and do the testing all over again.

With that amount of work it's most likely the update will be towards the end of the month.  If any serious issues are found, it could push the update out further.

Hiker

[ New ]
There was a date given on a Facebook group page but can't remember when it was
Tourist

[ New ]
Will the November firmware update address the audio crackling/pops being experienced by a number of users. It only happens when recording with about 30-60 seconds of turning on the unit. I’m on my third unit now and all three have this issue. I’m ready to get my money back today but if it’s a known issue that will be addressed in the firmware update I will hold out and hope. The rest of the camera is great but the audio issue is a show stopper as I like to use the instacapture functionality. Please tell us it’s in there?
Nomad

[ New ]

Here's all the in fo about the November Update so far.

https://gopro.com/en/us/news/hero9-black-launch-updates

Other users have also complained about audio pops/cackles, but I haven't been able to replicate these issues myself.  GoPro may still be looking into this trying to pinpoint a cause and fix.  They will update the webpage in regards any additional fixes they are working on.

Hiker

[ New ]

these issues should not be there from the start if they actually tested the farken thing. the gopro team should have been hard at work testing it before launch

if a car manufacturer released a car with dodgy breaks it would be game over --PERIOD! 

the camera has 10 features give or take a few - how hard is it to test them all in an ENTIRE YEAR! ????????????? 

WOW what the fark are these jokers doing behind the scenes to let this slip

Nomad

[ New ]

these issues should not be there from the start if they actually tested the farken thing.

Actually there was a thing called "Covid 19" which resulted in the shutdown of countries and workplaces worldwide.  This resulted in GoPro falling behind schedule in terms of production and trouble shooting.

the gopro team should have been hard at work testing it before launch

They were and they still are.  They had deadlines for investors to meet and they were working overtime in one of the most difficult times of the year trying to get everything lined up with restricted resources.

if a car manufacturer released a car with dodgy breaks it would be game over --PERIOD!

Apparently you haven't been paying attention to car manufacturer defects. 

Ford, Dodgy airbags.  No recall issued, instead a service notice was issued with replacement airbags.  Due to the lack of "fixed" parts many of the replacements were replaced with the exact same faulty takata parts with an notice for an additional replacement later that year.  

Volkswagon.  Dodgy fuel flange resulting in leaking fuel and potential fire hazard.  Service noticed issues for replacement flange.

Dodge, power steering linkage failure resulting in loss of steering.  Service notice issued for replacement of linkages.

Ford:  Dodgy brake pedal bracket resulting in loss of brakes.  Service notice issued to replace brake pedal.

Hyundai:  Faulty ABS module resulting in possible loss of brakes and engine compartment fire even if engine is switched off.  Service notice issued for replacement of ABS module.

The list goes on....... 

In short, if a car manufacturer releases a car with dodgy brakes,  it is by no means game over.  All they have to do is issue a fix/patch for the issue.  GoPro released a camera with issues, they are releasing patches to fix the issue.  And unlike the above, these issues won't result in serious bodily harm to anyone.  Guess what?  Insta-one, Theta, etc have also all released fixes and patches to address issues with their camera's after release, some were to even introduce new modes.  So GoPro are no different than any other camera manufacturer.  They find an issue, they release a patch.  They come up with new modes due to cleaned up code?  They release an update..   Oddly enough, your game over statement seems to be misleading also as all of those forementioned car companies are still in business.

full world wide recall at the manufacturers expense

As you can see a "recall" is actually just a service notice to bring your vehical in to have the issue "fixed".  Well since the GoPro issues are software driven, GoPro doesn't have to take your camera in for service, they issue the service to you to be installed via a firmware update.  If there is a physical defect with your camera, then GoPro will replace it as per warranty..... at their expense.  So you're saying that GoPro should do something........... they already do....

the camera has 10 features give or take a few - how hard is it to test them all in an ENTIRE YEAR! ????????????? 

You think there are only 10 features that need to be tested?.  Someone didn't pay attention while watching Seasame Street....    Cameras also need to be tested with a variety of IOS devices, a multitude of Android devices, all while there are workplace restrictions in place.  Some workplaces even have a stock pile of devices to be tested and their workers were not allowed inside to gain access to devices for testing.  So it's been very hard to test and trouble shoot the camera and staff did not have an entire year to do this.

WOW what the fark are these jokers doing behind the scenes to let this slip

Talking to some of the staff and engineers, they are working their asses off trying to sort issues and make customers happy.  Some customers actually come away happy, while others will never be happy and result to making false statements and claims to justify their lousy attitude.

Does the GoPro Hero 9 have issues?  Yup!  Are GoPro staff working on those issues to get them fixed and make customers happy?  Yup.  Will this take time to do?  Yup!  

So if you're unhappy with your camera, send it back, ask for a refund, or just sell the thing online.  No one is forcing your hand and if you really are unhappy, it's up to you to find your own happiness in this world.  

Hiker

[ New ]

Wow, you put some work into that reply.  Ha.  We all hope that the people behind the scenes are working hard to get things to work as advertised.  The issues for the buyers are that we look at what GoPro promises us on day one out of the box and we don't get that. (scheduled capture etc)  and we are supposed to be Ok with that and say, maybe they will fix what they sold me on via a firmware update.  

If your product does not do what you say it does; do not release it !!!!!!!!!!!  I love GoPro and want to see it succeed but they seem to be in trouble with the number of folks on the support page that can't ever get their GP after ordering them from the site directly or even get their money back.  Crazy