Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Backpacker

Re: November firmware update

i'm on a replacement Hero 6 after all the errors that came with 1.51, & touchwood haven't had a problem since leaving it on the original firmware.

What REALLY has baffled me, is we know the issues have been reported back to GoPro & surely even they've been reading up & realised it was 1.51 that was the problem. So why wasn't 1.00 rereleased just so everyone can use them again, instead of "we'll fix it in November" (which was a full month away from launch date). How many people has this affected & how many have returned them, thats not good for PR

Highlighted
Explorer

The update is required for Karma.
I purchased and updated my Hero6 on September 29th. I've used the camera almost daily since. I've only had one day where I experienced issues. Once it recorded with split screen, I had videos without audio, and I had repetitive freezing with 4K/60 and 1080/240. I switched out the SD card and haven't had an issue since. I format (full) my SD card weekly and periodically reset my camera to ensure there are no issues. I also did a manual update after switching cards. Low light works fine for me as I make the necessary adjustments. I would like to see this improved on GoPro's end and have left feedback. Personally, I think they should add additional color profiles for different situations/environments.

Hopefully the update comes out soon as there are improvements to be made and bugs to be fixed. I'm still very pleased with this camera. There are far more positive reviews and comments about the Hero6 than there are negative. The post on this site are relatively few, especially when compared against previous GoPro cameras when first released.

As always, GoPro will release updates that will correct and enhance the camera. I expect the update will drop at or around Thanksgiving as this is when the majority of sales really begins. GoPro actually wants to sell more Hero5 than Hero6 at this time to clear inventory.

I really like my GoPro gear and the company but I was hoping for a cleaner release with less issues, but for the most part, the reception had been pretty good.
Highlighted
Nomad

I think the main reason 1.51 was needed was because of the Karma drone, I wouldn't have updated otherwise. They'll work

it out. I really liked the features they added to the drone, and that has been pretty much bug free for me so far.

Highlighted
Tourist

You also need to update to 1.51 for the 6 to work with their own mic adapter! WTF.  Gopro H6 didn't come out of the box with a mic adapter compatibility!

Highlighted
Adventurer

So gopro is hearing people  compaining about the promic thingy.. that they disabled, and their fix was to  enable it back but have the same quick capture issue in hand?  Are you saying now, the   sound is fixed . or with thehero 5 type issue?????

Highlighted
Explorer

[ Edited ]

He's saying that the update is required to use the adapter.  Quick Capture is disabled when using an external mic (not sure if it is disabled with an external powered mic).  They should also do this on the Hero5 to avoid future confusion.