Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Not uploading from app to cloud

[ New ]

I have some older videos that will not upload from the camera/app to the cloud.  Is there a way I can force the upload?

GoPro

Re: Not uploading from app to cloud

[ New ]

Hello, @lime77. Are those older videos labeled with any of the below icons?

CLOCK - Item is queued for upload

CLOUD+UP - Item uploading

CLOUD+CHECK - Upload completed

EXCLAMATION - There was an error uploading. 

If not, try toggling the Mobile Upload feature off then on. To do this, go to Settings > My Account > Mobile Upload. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

It looks like it's a cloud with clock hands in the middle.  Does that help or mean anything?

GoPro

[ New ]

Yes, it does, @lime77. Based on the description, this means that your media/files are waiting to be uploaded. This icon will change to the cloud with an up arrow once your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network. How is it going on your end? Have you tried connecting your mobile device to a home network? 

If you are looking to manually upload your GoPro media to the PLUS cloud, you can do so by uploading directly through plus.gopro.com. This entails saving your files from the SD card to your computer and dragging and dropping the files through the "Add Media" function. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks again for the reply.  My device is general always connected to my home wifi network.  

GoPro

[ New ]

@lime77. See if there is any media that may be stuck that could be preventing the uploads to push through. Our PLUS team just deployed a means to manage the media uploads to PLUS. Check this out: https://plus.gopro.com/media-library/upload-status . 

For more information about media management, see Manage upload page in PLUS cloud . 

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks.  They all say "uploading".  So I'm guesssing they are stuck.  How do I "unstuck" them?  Uploading them from the SD card is not an option as they were deleted from the card once the uploaded to the app. 

GoPro

[ New ]

@lime77, by any chance, do you still have the media files saved in the GoPro App? If so, after deleting the file entry on the PLUS Upload Status list, you can re-upload them using Mobile Upload in the app.