Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Not created LRV

[ New ]

My GoPro Black 7 doesnt created every time LRV... For example:

In videos 4k/30 created LRV

videos 4k/60 not create LRV

videos 1080/240 create LRV

videos 2,7k/120 not create LRV

Why sometimes camera creates LRV file, sometimes not? Of course I pull SD card from gopro and read SD by PC and I can see LRV files from videos with special options (e.g. 4k/30 or 1080/240).

GoPro

Re: Not created LRV

[ New ]

Hi @krzysztofg48551

What SD card are you using?

See if re-flashing the software will help.

Please follow the manual update steps on https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero7-black

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you for your answer!

I use Samsung 128 GB U3 SD card, write speed 60MB / s, read speed 100MB / s.

I did an update.

The case is interesting because the GoPro camera uses LRV files to playback videos on its small touch display on the back. All recorded videos are played back on the small display in the GoPro.

However, the GoPro App only plays the movies whose LRV files I see on the SD card.

On some forum I read that GoPro creates LRV files only for certain resolutions. How then does the camera play the files on its small display on the back?

In my opinion, these files must be somewhere, but I do not know why my computer and the GoPro App cannot see them. Because the camera uses them to play back on its small display.

I can see LRV files from the resolution of e.g. 4k / 30 2.7k / 60 1080p / 240, I cannot see LRV files from the resolution of e.g. 4k / 60 (the most important), 2.7k / 120.

Thanks!

P.S. I use google translator

Adventurer

[ New ]

well it is not a sd card issue staff.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @krzysztofg48551. .LRV files are necessary to support the Copy, Playback, and Share functionality in the latest version of the GoPro App. It is not created for all resolutions. Learn more about these files through https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/What-are-thm-and-lrv-files/ta-p/390253 .