Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Not able to change wifi password

I didn't use my GoProHero3+ for some years and I want to use it again. I forgot the wifi-password and I am unable to change it.

I was able to update the firmware and forget to also change the password. Now I want to change the password. I follow the instructions on the GoPro site but when I start the GoPro there is no update. The micro-sd card works fine but the update is not recognised by the GoPro. 

Micro-SD: Lexar600x 16GB

What can i do to change the password on the GoPro?

Explorer

Re: Not able to change wifi password

Are you moving the entire UPDATE folder onto a freshly formatted SD card or are you moving the files inside the UPDATE folder onto the SD card?

For the HERO3+ (not HERO3) cameras, you need to put the entire UPDATE folder onto the root of the SD card (easiest to do if you first format the card).
Sightseer

I tried both, but non of them work. There are only two files in the folder 'setting.in' and 'update.com'. Is that alright?

Sightseer

I don't know exactly what I did different but finnaly the GoPro found the update files when I started the GoPro. So everything is fine now. Thank you