08-22-2019 06:39 PM
Sorry to hear about the trouble. Charging issues in the camera can be caused by noisy non-GoPro chargers. Using GoPro USB-C cable will help prevent this. It is also recommended to use power plugs with 5V 2A output.
To further isolate the problem, if available, have you tried using a different USB-C cable and/or extra battery?
Additionally, try to remove the SD card and battery from your HERO7 Black camera. Then connect to a 5V 2A wall charger (5V 1A minimum) using the GoPro USB Type-C cable, let it sit for 5 seconds and try to turn the camera on (with the battery still removed). If your camera powers on at this point, the problem can be caused by faulty battery.
Let me know how it goes.
08-26-2019 07:59 PM
HI thanks for your response Ann, I tried both it didn't work with my old battery and so I bought a new one. I have charged the new battery to 100% and when I opened my GoPro it's capturing pefectly but my concern inow s the device is getting hot and when I'm turning off it's automatically turning on.
Where in the Philippines can I bring my device to check on it. Any idea?
Thanks in advance.
08-27-2019 09:07 AM
The next step is to run a manual update.
Please follow the steps on https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero7-black
Make sure to work with a recommended SD card.
Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team for assistance through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
08-27-2019 03:21 PM
Thanks Ej. I have manually updated my GoPro but another problem occur. I cannot pair my GoPro to my Iphone. I have already follow the instructions but still cannot find my camera. Waiting for your resposne. Thank you.
08-27-2019 03:53 PM
HERO7 Cameras Pairing Process
- Pick up your camera:
- Power on your camera.
- Open the utility drawer by swiping from the top to the bottom of the touch display, then select "Preferences."
- Select "Connections" and then tap on "Connect Device."
- Tap on "GoPro App" to put your camera in pairing mode.
- At this point, you can tap on the "i" icon in the top right corner to see your WiFi name and password.
- Open the GoPro App:
- Select the Camera logo at the bottom left corner of the app and it will automatically begin scanning for your camera
- You should see "We Found Your GoPro" and a blue "Connect" button. Tap on connect.
- You will see a section to change your camera's name, or you can tap on the bottom button to leave the name as it is.
- Once a name is set your GoPro App will show a live preview of your camera. You're all set!
Let us know how it goes.