Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

No video just photos of that video

Hi,

I don't see vidoes i took but i could see lots and lots of photos from that video on the memory card. Can you help me on this?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: No video just photos of that video

If you were in timelapse mode, then your camera would just end up taking a series of photographs at set intervals.  You would have to get each photo and put them into a video editor and then adjust the time each photo stays on the screen (so depending on how smooth and fast you want it, you'd want each photo to stay there .25 seconds or less).

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

With such little information provided, we can only guess that your camera was on timelapse mode and not video mode.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Yes, I feel the same. But i don't see timelapse video in media (memory card), it just had multiple images.

I'm new to this so, if this is how it work then can anyone tell me how to get the timelapse video from these images in go pro?

Highlighted
Nomad

If you were in timelapse mode, then your camera would just end up taking a series of photographs at set intervals.  You would have to get each photo and put them into a video editor and then adjust the time each photo stays on the screen (so depending on how smooth and fast you want it, you'd want each photo to stay there .25 seconds or less).

Highlighted
Sightseer

Any suggestion on which video editor to be used? Are there any free video editors which can do this job? Can go pro Quik do it?
Highlighted
Nomad

I think QUIK should be able to do it, just not sure how as I tend to use other video editors.

I'm sure if you google free video editors you'll find some, or even do a youtube search on making a timelapse video.  The only video editors that I know that are good and free (Davinci resolve) have a steep learning curve.