Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Explorer

Re: No update WiFi Name and password on Hero 3+

What does, " I click inclusion" mean?
Specifically, what camera do you have?
When on the update page, are you selecting the update Wi-Fi Update Only or the full Update?
What name are you giving the camera?
What password are you using (it doesn't matter if you share it)?
What SD card are you using?
What does the SD card contents read? (SD card)E:\
What button on the camera are you pressing after inserting the SD card?
If you inspect the SD card in your computer (after the failed update), what are the contents? Have new folders been created?

Reset the camera and try again.
To reset, remove the battery and SD card. Press and hold down the top shutter button and replace the battery. Continue pressing down the shutter and power on the camera. Release the shutter after the camera powers on, and then power off. Perform a complete manual update.
Tourist

According to your questions
Hero 3 Silver Camera
For WiFi only
Name of the Gor10005
Password Cfyxjc101
Transcend 300S SDXC 64Gb class10 card U1
Reads Windows 7 PC
Power/mode button
Create standard folders and files
I 'll try to reboot as you wrote.

Tourist

Hero 3 + Silver Camera
GoPro

@gor10005, if the camera does not initiate the update it can be because the camera is not recognizing the update on the SD card. You will want to make sure to follow all of the instructions as outlined in the GoPro website's update page to ensure no steps are being missed. I do also have some suggestions here that should help get the update working.

• Make sure that a recommended SD card for your camera is used. Generic SD cards aren't able to keep up with the camera during Update install, thus, causing issues with the process. You can get the full list of microSD cards that are known to work well with GoPro cameras here
  • Before re-downloading the Update files, I suggest to delete all existing UPDATE folders in your computer or you may remove them from the Downloads folder to make sure that you copy the newest files.
  • Select "Wi-Fi & Firmware Update" on the Update Page for HERO3+ camera.
  • Make sure the UPDATE folder is unzipped/extracted, before placing it on the SD card. If the folder is compressed, the camera will not be able to read it; 

• Ensure the UPDATE folder does not have any additional characters in the folder title, i.e. "UPDATE (1)". The camera will only recognize a folder titled "UPDATE", in upper case letters with no additional characters; 

• Format the SD card before placing the update folder in the root of the card (format on your computer, or DELETE ALL files in the camera's Delete menu); 

• Be sure to place the entire UPDATE folder on the root level of the SD card. 

• Make sure to power off the camera before you place the SD card back.