Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

No update WiFi Name and password on Hero 3+

I did everything that here was described. Result - 0. The camera is not updated. There is an opportunity to recover the old password on serial number?

GoPro

Re: No update WiFi Name and password on Hero 3+

Hello @gor10005. Sorry, there is no way to retrieve the old password using the serial number. Iit would be best to follow the steps here in order to create a new Wi-Fi name and password for your HERO3+ camera. 

Please note that  once the UPDATE.zip folder is downloaded to the computer, the update files need to be extracted to create an UPDATE folder with all the update files in it. This folder (UPDATE, not the UPDATE.zip) will have to be saved on your SD card which will then be inserted back to the camera. 

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Tourist

Naturally I and did. Even disconnected an antivirus in real time during the work with these files. The camera does not react to these files on micro SD.

Explorer

Are you placing the entire UPDATE folder onto a blank SD card?
Tourist

yes.

Explorer

Also, antivirus should have absolutely nothing to do with this process (except it maybe checking the UPDATE.zip file, which is fine).

You wrote, "The camera does not react to these files on micro SD."

This makes me think that you are placing the files from within the UPDATE folder, and not the actual UPDATE folder WITH the files inside.

Although you replied, "yes" to my previous question, please give a more detailed step by step for the process you are taking ("I did everything that here was described." is pretty vague and doesn't help us determine if there is a step you are inadvertently missing). Begininng with the Update page (https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero3_plus) what is your workflow?

Also, to be absolutely clear, you have a HERO 3+ and not a HERO3, correct? What model (White, Silver, Black) do you have?
Tourist

Well. I download the ZIP the folder. I retrieve from it files. At extraction the Updeyt folder with the retrieved files is created. I copy this folder on the card formatted by SD. I insert the card into the camera. I click inclusion. On the display display of the mode of video filming appears. In total.

Tourist

HERO 3+ Silver