Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

No support available

New Hero5 Black glitched 3 times on trip to Maui.  Permanantely stuck now in time elapsed mode.  Can't reset and only way to shut off is to remove the battery.  Spent half hour with chat line and they were clueless.  Home now and holding over 20 minutes on service phone line, no chat support available.  Poor product and poor service.  Why would someone buy 'priority support' if this is how it will be.

Tourist

Re: No support available

Same story here. Mine got stuck in the update (for 8 hours!) saying step 1/2. Now it doesn't turn on anymore. Tried really everything suggested in the community here (charging, reset by buttons, manual uldate on sdcard). It's dead! Called support 8times, just waiting lines. They also offer to leave a message but the mailbox then says it is already full.
Chat kept me in waiting line and then saying there's no one available at the end (I checked business hours).
So I'm left with very expensive waste. Now talking to the dealer...
GoPro Community Manager

Doing a manual update should help with these issues. Instructions on how to do that can be found at the bottom of the page at https://gopro.com/update/hero5.

Thanks,
Jeff

Adventurer

I understand the camer is STUCK, it may be impossible to get it to flash it it is frozen, or crashed.  Can you at least before attempting any type of flashing. to   factory reset it all? Troubleshoot starts at two ends the  start and end

what happened, and  lets start.  not flashing

Tourist

fishycomics is right, it's stuck. My first hardware in years that managed to update itself to death. I tried reset and i tried manual update, also switched batteries and sdcard with a friend's 5black in order to exclude malfunction there. Battery is charged and works fine, also sdcard..
So this is where RMA needs to be done but I can't get through to them either by phone nor by chat :(
Tourist

jefft I tried everything. As an engineer I promise there is nothing new you could suggest. Also i assured again I did the update procedure exactly as told.
GoPro Community Manager

The best option then is going to be to contact our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus so we can do any additional troubleshooting or look into a warranty replacement on the camera.
Adventurer

I suggest saving this Thread and when you do get through,  that they will  grant you  your request. Seems this is a   support center, and as long as Staff  suggests ideas and as noted  get a warranty replacement, that should ease your mind. but its a matter of getting pass first base