Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

No sound

[ New ]

I have 2 GoPro 5 black cameras, and a Rode Video Mic pro (only 3 rings on adapter).

The mic works perfectly, and has worked with these two cameras. My old mic adapter got broke, so I had a replacement one arrive today and I am getting no recorded sound from either GoPro, settings are:

Powered Mic 

I have tried various mic settings, and all my equipment is up to date. It has to be a dodgy mic adapter right? Or am I missing something?

GoPro 24hr chat is closed Smiley Frustrated and the phone lines that were supposed to stay open until 5PM GMT were closed at 3PM when I tried to contact.

Any ideas what I am missing? Or is a brand new product faulty out of the box?

GoPro

Re: No sound

[ New ]

Hi @foggyvista82427

Do you remember if you were recording via QuikCapture?

Please refer to the special note listed on External Microphone Information with the Pro 3.5mm Mic Adaptor

Should you need to reach out to our Support Team, make sure that your network allows calling to toll free numbers. It's also best to call from a landline.

If initiating a chat session, try selecting US.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi,

Thanks for your response. 

No, I wasn't using quickcapture. I tried recording via controlling the camera from my phone, I also tried recording from the camera. 

Nothing at all. 

If I insert the mic adapter when the GoPro is on, the options for sound appear (standard mic, powered mic etc). If I remove the adapter whilst recording the sound records using the camera's on board mic. 

Regarding support, not sure what I can do as the 24hr chat is closed, and the telephone support was closed too (even though it was supposed to be open). 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @foggyvista82427

Will you be able to try to start the recording first then connect the mic adapter to the camera?

See if this makes a difference.

Our Support Team should be available.

I have just initiated a chat session and was able to get through.

Thanks!

Ej