Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

No sound at all.

Just got my gopro hero 7 black. Unboxed and recorded a video. No sound what so ever. Idk if the settings are off or what is going on here. Some directions would be nice. Lol
Adventurer

Re: No sound at all.

gopro. would want you t obe on the latest firmware, that will be what they will chime in with....

if there is a setting that was  accedentally hit , I reset thecamera, start over.  since there is NO setting to turn off sound on a gopro. you may have a faulty camera. and needs to be returend,  so I suggest to return a troubled camera before trying t ofix it with Firmware but  go to the GoPro.com/productpage locate the camera   and firmware. or use the app to update if not already.  I have personally yet to re-update my replacement.

GoPro

Re: No sound at all.

Hi @sweetoasis67442,

If you connect your camera to the GoPro App on your mobile device and play back the video from there, do you get the same results? You may also manually copy the video to your computer and test if it still plays back without audio. This will help us isolate the problem.

If the issue persists, reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the manual update instructions specified on this article: Software Update Instructions for HERO7 Cameras

If reinstalling the firmware doesn't help, please upload a sample raw / unedited footage to your Dropbox or Google drive and provide us the shared link so we can look into the details here.

Hoping to hear back from you.

Ann