Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

No signal gps

hello,

I have no gps on my camera hero 5 black: I activated the gps in the settings, there is the gray logo on the screen but it does not go blank to indicate that it captures the gps. while I had it before! I try a factory restoration but it does not change anything. I said that I am good with a clear sky and stay a long time for the camera fixed well gps, but it does not capture. is it because of a new software version because I updated it recently in 2.6? can we go back to an older version of the software.

I managed to have a gps signal when I deleted the "Quick" application of my iPhone but a few days and again without a signal without reasons! to see if it's because of the update because before that I had the gps correctly

thank you

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: No signal gps

Hi @zigadlom530

Kindly follow this link for the manual update.

Instructions are listed after the email address and serial number page.

Let us know how it goes.

You may also reach out to our Support Team for further assistance. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!
Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

GPS.  reload  the update manually and factory rest your camera, the gps grey will turn white when theminimum requirements of satalites reached.  Do use the Mode on then  shutter for better chances of locking gps when waiting from a  30 seconds to 15 minutes.

Can you revert back  Gopro  does not offer older firmeware, you are to save all firmware and if you do not have google is your frien.

FISH

Highlighted
Hiker

thanks for the answer:

I am already in firmware 2.60 on my gopro, do I install it again in manual?
the firmware is installed in the memory of the gopro or on the SD card? because sometimes I have "sd card error" which is maybe the cause of the problem, or can be a corrupted file is at the origin of the problem gps?

thank you
Highlighted
Adventurer

Manually go get the   firmware  and alwayssave it on thecomputer , and simply format the sdxc card and load it to an update filefolder can be called update or UPDATE the three  files make sure they are the .bin and txt ones no zipp folder etc.  and  reload to the camera. the internal  firmware will be over written wit hteh  new one and that may fix the issue.

Highlighted
Hiker

ok, once the files put on the sdcard, the camera will automatically install the firmware? or I have to go to the settings to install the update manually? I thought it was necessary to connect the gopro to the pc to update the firmware with the usb cable
Highlighted
Adventurer

there are a few options wit hthe manual update   simply put the card in, once the camera is turned on it updates.

On the Hero sessions  it will automatically update without touching the on button,  the hero 5 and 6 you need to turn on.

Highlighted
Hiker

I have a hero 5 black, so how do I activate and install the firmware? in the settings of the camera?

thank you for your patience, I am a beginner in gopro
Highlighted
Adventurer

Locate a video and learn how to lad  it/